Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 08:14 PM)
Kill Bixby
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung, if you do not allow an easy way to kill and eliminate Bixby, the phone I am holding is the last Samsung product of any kind I will ever purchase.   If you had a graphic customer feedback form of emoji.  The one I would pick is the one with the butcher knife thrust in the eye with the hand making sure it is being twisted to inflict the maximum amount of pain possible. For that is what it feels like to me every time Bixby interrupts my work.  Bixby is innate.  Bixby is a constantly interrupting, useless, none learning abomination that disrupts every aspect of my work.   My phone is a tool.  It is not a toy.   It must work for a living.  I cannot work with Bixby in my office.  I hope you, the senior leadership at Samsung, are listening.  Kill the ***** Bixby before it kills you.

6 REPLIES 6
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Strong opinions, just remember not everyone agrees with you so learn to live with it or just stop using Samsung phones and devices. I've pretty much managed to avoid bixby on all my Samsung devices bar the S8+ and I actually do have uses for it.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well, my phone is used for serious purposes ie I don't do games and social media. I find Bixby useful for reminders, creating appointments etc, it certainly never appears unless needed.
It's quite a useful tool to have.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kill Bixby: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding the inclusion of Bixby on our mobile devices. Bixby is an embedded feature of the software and cannot be removed completely, however there are steps that you can take to limit it's presence. For instance, if you swipe up from your Home Screen > Samsung (folder) > Press and hold on the Bixby thumbnail > Tap the 'i' symbol > Permissions, then you can disable any app permissions from here. Furthermore, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Background Usage Limits > Deep Sleeping Apps > Tap the '+' in the top right > Select Bixby Routines and Bixby Vision > Add. This will prevent all background activity for the selected apps, so they won't feel too intrusive. 

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
A bit OTT considering you can just stop it altogether. A simple question on how to do this would have led you to the answer.

This post reminds me of myself post 2020 breakdown. Not assuming anything but if you want to talk, PM me by clicking on my username.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've been there, unfortunately, but some people don't have those issues and are just obnoxious. I resisted help for years which was a bad move.
0 Likes
TL5billion
First Poster
Options

Agreed! I won't be buying another samsung. Aside from buttons on side of phone that are pressed by mistake when picking it up the Bixby system just kills it. If we switch off Bixby and hold the bixby button for a second or two a bixby screen pops up to let us know how to configure bixby. It is just bloomin annoying. Samsung should be happy that people are buying their phones, attempting to use Bixby to know about their users or sell more services is idiotic. Why would we want any software from sansung? They don't make any software that google or microsoft don't make + google and microsoft provide other business software we already use. I won't be using any samsung software EVER! I won't be buying another samsung phone EVER. This issue has been an issue for years and samsung continue to push it. They are killing their own business. For anyone in business who already has professional diary, reminder and other software tools from pro software companies, samsung is a waste of time.

0 Likes