tremma1981
Explorer
Options
thanks im all sorted now thanks for letting me know respect
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Reports that Samsung is disbanding the  Development relations Team responsible for Bixby's 3rd party apps. Whilst Viv Labs Division still has some developer outreach  it would seem that resources will be more limited in this area.   However whilst we wait for more news on Google Integration  Bixby remaining a feature. https://voicebot.ai/2020/09/29/samsung-bixby-developer-relations-team-to-shut-down-with-some-respons... 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-cutting-dev-relations-team-bixbys-future-trouble/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

tremma1981
Explorer
Options
sorry I'm not sure what you meant are they getting rid of bixby
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@tremma1981  A far as I can determine no sign that  Bixby will be discontinued in near future.

I'll put quote from the voicebot article:

"This latest change is likely to add further fuel to the rumors that Google is negotiating a more prominent role for its Assistant on Samsung smartphones. That positioning would be at Bixby’s expense. This rumor began with a Bloomberg article in July followed by reporting by Reuters which said, “Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is considering dropping its Bixby virtual assistant and Galaxy Apps Store from its mobile devices as part of a new global revenue-sharing deal with Alphabet Inc’s Google, according to correspondence seen by Reuters on Tuesday.”

However, Voicebot sources say that Bixby isn’t going anywhere and nothing has come of the rumors so far. Samsung has a history of investing over a long period in services and features that compete directly with Google products despite overtures of financial payments to abandon the internal features. Unless we see something tomorrow at Google’s fall product launch event, I’m not expecting any of these rumors to materialize into a tangible displacement of Bixby in favor of Google Assistant on Samsung devices. Google Assistant is already used more than Bixby on Samsung devices according to Voicebot survey data though Bixby use is climbing. With that said, a reduction in resources dedicated to Bixby developers is not likely to improve its recruitment efforts to support the platform" .

I've checked and  nothing further announced at the Google Event.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

tremma1981
Explorer
Options
thanks for your feedback i love bixby
tremma1981
Explorer
Options
bixby for ever
0 Likes