Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby...what's the point?

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 12:40 PM)
sanjpanch
Explorer
Options
I love the hardware that comes out of Samsung, its solid, robust as well as interesting. But I can't get my head around why samsung is insistent on forcing bixby on all of its phones. I'm still using the galaxy s10. Its so far never missed a beat. But using Google assistant is a more unified and neater experience then using bixby. Come on Samsung come clean are you setting yourselves to ditch android? From where I'm standing it seems so. If so I'll say a reluctant goodbye from me

3 REPLIES 3
DaveyxG
Pioneer
Options
It sends a message to Google that Samsung is capable of producing all software for it's products even its own app store. By doing this Samsung will recieve huge payouts from Google to ensure its apps stay on Samsung phones
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
You can remap the bixby button to open the Google assistant or any app or function if you want to
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @sanjpanch There are different views on Bixby but whilst Samsung still seems to wants to promote its own Voice Assistant(though there were previous rumours to the contrary)   there is no evidence that they wish to move from the android system in their smart phones.    If anything there has been deeper integration lately  https://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s21-samsung-has-stopped-trying-push-google-away 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.