Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby routine not working after latest update

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 07:10 PM)
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
I have a bixby routine to turn on the mobile hot spot on my s10e when it connects to the Bluetooth in my car.

This has worked without problems up until now, but it no longer does. 

I've cleared all the data, cache, created a new routine but it's still the same. The Bluetooth connects but the hot-spot doesn't start any more. 

I don't know if this is related to the recent update to android 12 / ui 4 but it seems like a bit of a coincidence ...

Any ideas? 
21 REPLIES 21
Ogure
First Poster
Options

@MFP4073 wrote:
I have a bixby routine to turn on the mobile hot spot on my s10e when it connects to the Bluetooth in my car.

This has worked without problems up until now, but it no longer does. 

I've cleared all the data, cache, created a new routine but it's still the same. The Bluetooth connects but the hot-spot doesn't start any more. 

I don't know if this is related to the recent update to android 12 / ui 4 but it seems like a bit of a coincidence ...

Any ideas? 

Exact same issue here. Stopped working with last update. If I go in and edit the routine and save, it starts working then, but fails to stop when disconnected from the bluetooth device, and doesnt work the next time it connects. Have also tried deleting and recreating the routine, but the problem persists.

MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the comment, I'm glad it's not just me!
0 Likes
Members_aI6txT1
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Also on s10... 

0 Likes
WillieP
First Poster
Options

This is also on my note 20 ultra. When I watch the hotspot setting when I turn the car on, the Bluetooth logs on then the hotspot gets turned on but 2 seconds later it turns off before the car can log onto the wifi

0 Likes
Members_mFUoBVL
First Poster
Options

My bixby routines to play YouTube music as my alarm has stopped workng since the last update which I applied on 31st Jan. Bixby reports being latest version. I've deleted & recreated the routines but despite reporting on the history that the routine ran, nothing plays. Not great when you rely on your phone to wake you up. 

TomasAbe
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same problem after update to Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. 

Routine triggered by Bluetooth is not working, even after recreation.

Looks like serial problem.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

BrunoD41
Journeyman
Options

Hello, exactly the same problem for me with s10+. No porblem befor the last update Android 12.

0 Likes
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
I can't offer any real further insight here, but it seems to be working again for me 🤷🏻
0 Likes
RodneyOH
First Poster
Options

Hi all. i had the same problem and i solved it by creating a new routine with the "driving" function along with binding a bluetooth car device