Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Best smart watch and phone combination please?

(Topic created on: 25-05-2021 08:44 AM)
Prmiaj
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I have a oneplus 5 phone at the moment. Did have a fitbit versa 2 but had to send it back as it wasn't compatible with my phone. 

I'm looking for a smartwatch that would be compatible with my phone first off, then when I can afford it I will upgrade to a Samsung phone too. 

Best options please?

I would like the watch to receive messages from texts and messenger. 

I would like to be able to take calls on it. 

I would like it to track steps and sleep 

I would also like to be able to change the straps to fit my mood. 

Thank you in anticipation 😊

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The watch I use is the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier option and has exceeded my expectations @Prmiaj 

The watch also ticks all your requirements you mention and should easily pair up with your future Samsung Phone.

However there's the overall aesthetic look to consider too after all we all have different tastes  :winking-face:

However You would need to look at compatibility charts such as Samsung Galaxy Gear-s3 Device Compatibility.  To check your watch will work OK with your current phone and Samsung phone if you choose not to choose a Samsung Watch.

If you are changing to a Samsung phone then my advice is to concentrate mostly on a watch that you'll know will work with your new daily driver.  :smiling-face:

Perhaps a dedicated Community Forum of your present phone model will have members that can share their hands on experience with that phone model and smart watches.

Enjoy the journey.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
Prmiaj
Journeyman
Options
Update***

I bought a Samsung Active 2 and it worked great. Just upgraded to Samsung S21 ultra. Wow, it's fabulous!
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

That sounds like a winning combo, @Prmiaj! Happy to hear that you are enjoying your new tech. 😀

0 Likes