Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery ruined

(Topic created on: 17-04-2021 03:42 PM)
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
How many others have had their battery ruined by the last 2 updates?

S10e and s10.
Tried everything. Cleared partitions. Put everything I'm able to to sleep. Power saver on.
Completely bricked two phones.
Last thing I'll ever buy from Samsung. The new Apple.
You suck!
(Did the same back in my s7,8 and 9 days.
If I even get 10 hours of battery a day its a miracle. 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Clear system cache on both devices and post up your battery stats so we can see what is happening. Some apps like Chrome and many social media apps are not fully compatible with Android 11.
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
cache cleared as a rule after every update. partition cleared after every update too. don't use chrome. every app i don't use is in deep sleep or disabled.
battery stats only show basic usage (as in minimal percentage ) and don't represent the actual battery percentage decline. went from 15% to 2% just now I less than 3 minutes.
s10e was my day to day phone and the battery lasted on average 2 days.
do not have social media apps on my phone as I don't like them pillaging my photos and data even when I have not allowed those permissions, I use Web apps for them all.
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
won't make it any clearer

Screenshot_20210414-185942_Battery Tracker_100951.jpg

0 Likes
wra01
Pioneer
Options
Download Galaxy Labs from Galaxy Store
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Screen shot is from galaxy labs buddy. Thanks though.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
What are you getting from a full charge now? Compared to the 2 days you say you were getting before?

If you do buy another Samsung phone, go for a handset with a SD processor. I've had s10, s20, compared to battery life on s10 lite is day and night difference for me! And it's has a 4500mah battery.

Screenshot_20210415-134358_Device care.jpg

Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Until today my battery was fine but I have updated my S10plus this morning april security patch, looks like my phones battery losing a bit more than before the update
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
About 10 hours battery life. Even if the screen is off. Have been trying everything. Nothing helps at all.🤣
UPSM is even worse. Literally loses 1% per minute. Have uninstalled everything and re installed. Have had all sensors off. All connections off. Wiped all caches. Etc.
Only option left is a factory reset. But given even people who've just bought s21s are posting about 6 hour battery lives I just can't be bothered. And let's be honest, I shouldn't have to.
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
And yes, snapdragon seems to be getting less issues and has been through every galaxy s for years. Not really got an option though.
0 Likes