Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 08:07 AM)
Monsag
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone else noticed since the last upgrade in Feb that the battery life is now absolutely shocking? Any hints and tips on how to fix this and make the battery last longer? Apart from battery saver of course. Normally it would last me a day, now I feel the need to charge it twice a day 😞 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried to wipe cache partition?
Turn off the phone, insert headphones or plug a usb into a computer. Then hold power and volume up, then use the volume up button to select wipe cache. Once that is complete press reboot phone.
Hope this helps
0 Likes
Monsag
Apprentice
Options
Hiya, yeah, both me and my husband (both have the S10) tried that after he saw a video online. It doesn't seem to have helped.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Monsag: If you head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery, and tap on the usage graph, this will give you a breakdown of your battery usage. Can you see any apps or features that are using an abnormal amount of battery? In the meantime, please attempt the following steps in an effort to improve your overall battery life. 

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

0 Likes