Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 05:54 PM)
Marklymer
Journeyman
Options
Hi can anyone help since the last samung update a few days ago my battery drains really quick and when I'm fast charging it doesn't seem to be fast it can take upto 2hrs when it used to be just over a hour I've not got any background apps running I've ran all maintenance on my phone and with no joy of fixing the issue any help would be appreciated 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Marklymer ,

I would be happy to help you with this. Can I ask if you are using the charger that came with your phone? If so, can you let your battery run down to below 50% from a full charge and then send us a screenshot of your battery usage? You can get this by going to: Menu> Settings> Device Care> Battery> Battery Usage> Tap on the graphic displayed on screen and send us a scrensshot of the first 5 apps listed so we can see what is draining the phone's battery and advise you further.

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
There are all sorts of things you can do .. put apps to sleep, turn on dark mode, turn down the brightness, turn off bluetooth if not been used and possibly the most affective is use 'plane' mode if there is no signal. Also look at the battery usage to gauge what is using power.
Marklymer
Journeyman
Options
Yes it's always below 10% and it's the charger and cable that came with my phone from Samsung and thank you for you help

Screenshot_20210402-182540_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you tap on the graphic and send us a new screenshot of what you see on the page that appears after that @Marklymer ? I can also see that with a 46% of battery left the phone is still having 9hours of use left which look right at first sight. 

0 Likes
Marklymer
Journeyman
Options
If my battery usage and what's left is ok what could be making me charge take so long

Screenshot_20210402-193933_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Marklymer
Journeyman
Options
If my battery usage and what's left is ok what could be making me charge take so long

Screenshot_20210402-193933_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Clear data in the device care app , tbh I don't like using fast charge , I think it's better to charge it normally but everyone to their own , clear cache in chrome app and also go on YouTube and search how to reduce battery usage on play services because that should be a low % 

Marklymer
Journeyman
Options
Will do thank you
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have fast charge enabled, it may have been turned off.
On the battery screen, head to more battery settings, and check that fast charging is toggled.