Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 04:43 PM)
Patarchy
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I have a S10 Spanish version (PHE). I have installed the last OTA update. (see software details at the end of this post)
Since then I have experienced battery drain. I consume twice more than before the update.
I use to charge my phone up to 75% and I use it until the end of the day (08:00 PM) with 25% remaining. Since the update to android 12, I am at 25% battery remaining at 02:00 PM.

After updating, I have boot in recovery wipe the cache. I have tried to wipe again the cache and run the Repair App. Same issue.
I have look to the "battery & maintenance care" and no app looks to consume more than before the update.
I have also done a "Reset App preferences" and reboot multiple time the device.

I use Tinycore for years and for CPU frequency since android 10. I can see that the frequency never stay to the minimum, always between 30% and 50%. Before update it use to be at minimum when idle but screen on. --> I am totally unable to figure out what generate this CPU usage.
BTW, when the phone is idle with screen off, I do not have the battery drain issue. Only have battery drain when I use the phone (Screen on)

How can I sort this out?
How can I diagnose the culprit app or service?

As a specificity, I use Package Disabler Pro.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20220124-163134_Settings.jpg

46 REPLIES 46
leinadbauwens
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my Note 10+.

My battery life used to be good for 25-27 hours on average, with moderate usage. Now on light usage, I'm struggling to get even 7 hours out of it. This changed overnight after the latest update.

0 Likes
Perry
First Poster
Options

My s10 is doing sane thing. It's also getting warm and lost over 70 percent charge sleeping beside me. Last night. It was fine before the update. I have battery savings on and no app is draining power. 

0 Likes
Members_R16DaBI
First Poster
Options

Same issue with 20+. I do not update my phone just because of this reason. 

0 Likes
Chocolate Salty Ball
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the exact same battery drain since the update. I Have a Note 10+ and I used to charge the phone once every 2 days. Now I'm charging it up to 3x/day .. battery drains extremely quickly. I think Samsung is taking a page out of Apples book and screwing our battery to force us to buy new phones

Djentleman
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem with s10 +, I was a big fan of samsung but unfortunately it fooled me a lot, if it doesn't improve, I'm thinking so much about switching to apple. Even the TV from samsung nsa spoiled me after 2 years, I also bought a new one from samsung, and the model was much worse than the older model ...
0 Likes
Elboufda
Student
Options

Same for me , i did the one ui 4.1 update to see but nothing changed , now i will go for an iphone, i was always telling people that samsung are good phones , but now they started messing things up

0 Likes
andrefragasantos
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

After you updated to UI 4.1 did you do a factory reset?

0 Likes
HopelessJoe
First Poster
Options

Thank you for posting this fix, it worked really well for me. I was so frustrated with my battery draining after this version 12 update. (S10e)

Also, I'm not sure that it will be without side-effect for everyone, but I didn't notice any loss of data, or function, or slower app start-up times or anything. 

Thank you again for taking the time to share your knowledge.

0 Likes
Sbuba
First Poster
Options

Hi team community. 

Had the same problem after updating software to UI4.1

Battery power starting running out at bolt speed and my device was heating up. I am not a gamer or heavy user though. To stop this I went to Google search for solutions. I found it. 

I wiped my device cache. Voila! My device is back to the days when it used to last for a day without charging. I am super happy. 

Wipe your device cache and see what happens. 

0 Likes
Elboufda
Student
Options

i've done it and it even got worse , seriously, it got from 49 % to 42 % in 2 mins

0 Likes