Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 04:43 PM)
Patarchy
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I have a S10 Spanish version (PHE). I have installed the last OTA update. (see software details at the end of this post)
Since then I have experienced battery drain. I consume twice more than before the update.
I use to charge my phone up to 75% and I use it until the end of the day (08:00 PM) with 25% remaining. Since the update to android 12, I am at 25% battery remaining at 02:00 PM.

After updating, I have boot in recovery wipe the cache. I have tried to wipe again the cache and run the Repair App. Same issue.
I have look to the "battery & maintenance care" and no app looks to consume more than before the update.
I have also done a "Reset App preferences" and reboot multiple time the device.

I use Tinycore for years and for CPU frequency since android 10. I can see that the frequency never stay to the minimum, always between 30% and 50%. Before update it use to be at minimum when idle but screen on. --> I am totally unable to figure out what generate this CPU usage.
BTW, when the phone is idle with screen off, I do not have the battery drain issue. Only have battery drain when I use the phone (Screen on)

How can I sort this out?
How can I diagnose the culprit app or service?

As a specificity, I use Package Disabler Pro.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20220124-163134_Settings.jpg

46 REPLIES 46
Deej1290
Student
Options

Guessing it's just the update making the battery drain to encourage you to upgrade, mine has been the same since the last update weirdly I'm due an update 🙄

0 Likes
Members_3z6Xz4h
First Poster
Options

Moje note 10+ ma po aktualizaci na andorid 12 naprosto hroznou vydrz baterie.

Na androidu 11 baterie vydrzela den a pul, ted zhruba pul den.

Samsung mlčí, jediná jejich rada. Zalohujte a smazte telefon a vse znova. To stejne nefunguje. Takze moc dekuji spolecnosti samsung, Chtel sem si koupim nastupce sveho note, do samsungu uz urcite nikdy nepujdu.Takhle mi do... telefon... Dekuji.

0 Likes
Haitham_hemdan
Student
Options

Really, the battery get much worse especially screen on time after android 12 update

Battery drains much fast than before

Although, I did repair app & wipe cashe from recovery mode,but the problem is still existed

0 Likes
Members_tjqDogS
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem here... Very annoying! 

0 Likes
phlyphish
Student
Options

Wipe Cache and Repair Apps also helped my obsessive battery drain as well. Almost back to pre Android 12 usage. 

Also, for what it's worth, I think another part of the problem is that Android 12 may have reset the Adaptive Battery settings, which may have been killing apps that were previously ok to run in the background. I had to wade through all those settings and apps as well.

Update (Mar. 2): Battery drain is still an issue. Maybe not quite as bad since cache wipe, but must have just been lighter usage initially that made me think the battery drain was less. It's still an issue Samsung needs to address. I'm considering going back to an Android 11 firmware.

0 Likes
gianfranco3110
Journeyman
Options

not exist delete cache + repair app. Note 10+

0 Likes
Elboufda
Student
Options

Same issue for me

0 Likes
andrefragasantos
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me.

0 Likes
AlexRigiboiu
First Poster
Options

Romanian S10+ here. Same problems after android 12 update. I thought it's just my phone after 2 years but seems like I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
Chap73
First Poster
Options

My s10 plus is doing the same since tge update. It used to last 2 days when I went away.. now it lasts just 8 hrs.. samsung fix this.. Apple did this and it lost them alot of sales

0 Likes