Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 12:58 PM)
Patarchy
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I have a S10 Spanish version (PHE). I have installed the last OTA update. (see software details at the end of this post)
Since then I have experienced battery drain. I consume twice more than before the update.
I use to charge my phone up to 75% and I use it until the end of the day (08:00 PM) with 25% remaining. Since the update to android 12, I am at 25% battery remaining at 02:00 PM.

After updating, I have boot in recovery wipe the cache. I have tried to wipe again the cache and run the Repair App. Same issue.
I have look to the "battery & maintenance care" and no app looks to consume more than before the update.
I have also done a "Reset App preferences" and reboot multiple time the device.

I use Tinycore for years and for CPU frequency since android 10. I can see that the frequency never stay to the minimum, always between 30% and 50%. Before update it use to be at minimum when idle but screen on. --> I am totally unable to figure out what generate this CPU usage.
BTW, when the phone is idle with screen off, I do not have the battery drain issue. Only have battery drain when I use the phone (Screen on)

How can I sort this out?
How can I diagnose the culprit app or service?

As a specificity, I use Package Disabler Pro.

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20220124-163134_Settings.jpg

46 REPLIES 46
Sericus
Apprentice
Options

I'm having same issue on my s10e. Battery is very very bad after the update. After 3 hours, I'm at 50%.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Generally, I would go to settings, battery and device care, battery and tap on the graph to show apps' battery usage but you've done that?
0 Likes
Patarchy
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have done that and have the same relative consumption per app than before the update.

0 Likes
Hadoken
Student
Options

UK S10 here and same problem after update to Android 12/UI 4.0. Hardly used my phone today and yet by 6pm I'm down to 20%.

No unusual app activity and nothing in the battery stats which indicate any heavy usage/drain by a certain app.

I've just wiped the cache so going to see if that helps

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think it would be a good idea to carry out some diagnostics in the Samsung app. From there you can get fast help to speak to a technician.
0 Likes
Sericus
Apprentice
Options

FYI to all.  This has been a problem with multiple devices.  Pixels were doing this really bad back in October.  Doesn't look like there is any work around at the moment.  My s10e is getting maybe 4 hours of use now.  Battery is draining so super fast. 😞

Patarchy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Pugs.

Can you please tell me which is the diagnostic app you mentioned?

Thanks

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're welcome. The diagnostics can be found by selecting the get help tab in the Samsung members app as is fast help.
Best of luck 👍
0 Likes
Members_PmPuF4q
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem since the update. The battery is draining much faster, even if I dont touch the phone.