Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASHA technology

(Topic created on: 27-05-2021 07:01 PM)
Marcin ASHA
Journeyman
Options

Dear Sirs,

Do you have information about the list of smartphones that have ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aid) technology. The official distributor in Poland has no idea which models have ASHA technology, hence this post.
I know that ASHA technology requires Android 10 and BT5, but unfortunately not all smartphone models with these systems have ASHA technology activated. My questions:
- can ASHA technology be run on smartphones other than S10 / S20 / Note9?
- what is inherent in ASHA, that it is available only in premium models so far
- do you know other models from brands other than Samsung that have ASHA technology

Details for ASHA:
https://source.android.com/devices/bluetooth/asha?hl=en

35 REPLIES 35
vijaynair
Pioneer
Options
Google Phones. Google Pixel 4 XL. Google Pixel 4. Google Pixel 3 XL. ...OnePlus Phones. OnePlus 7T. OnePlus 7 Pro.Samsung Phones. Samsung Galaxy S20+ Samsung Galaxy S20. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. ...Samsung Galaxy S9. Samsung Galaxy S9+ Samsung Note 20.
vijaynair
Pioneer
Options
They all support asha
vijaynair
Pioneer
Options
Your hearing aid should support it as well.
vijaynair
Pioneer
Options
Go into accessibility, hearing enhancements, hearing aid support. Your Bluetooth should be on.
0 Likes
Marcin ASHA
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I haven't tested One Plus smartphones yet. But the S9 series, unfortunately, although it has BT5 and Android 10, it does not have ASHA functions. Google pixel is not available in Poland.
I wonder what is so special about ASHA technology that only premium models have this option. Any guesses?

0 Likes
hansopanso
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
hansopanso
Explorer
Options

I wanted to get the S21 Ultra. There is nowhere to be found if it has ASHA. The specs are:

• Hearing aid compatibility
  • Bluetooth® hearing aid support

Is that the same as ASHA?
Could Samsung produce a list with all phones which have ASHA? That would be easier.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @hansopanso 

We've just had a look on our site and we can see that there is the Hearing Aid Support feature available on Android 10 onwards. For more information on this, please click on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/accessibility/mobile/

0 Likes
Marcin ASHA
Journeyman
Options

At this link, I cant find information about smartphones with the ASHA system. The question is very simple. Can Samsung provide a list of smartphones that have the ASHA system?

0 Likes