Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April software update

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 08:01 AM)
Andy50c
Journeyman
Options
Hi morning all. As anyone in UK got the April software update for the S10. 
andrew corton
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Not yet I too have a Samsung S10 still waiting still on march update just got to keep checking every couple of hours
shadowpandagirl
Journeyman
Options
I would not get April's update as for me it cuasing problems where my apps will shut down randomly in a minute or 5
0 Likes
shadowpandagirl
Journeyman
Options
And a lot off outher people are having the same problem
0 Likes
Andy50c
Journeyman
Options
Yeah my wife as the s20 and keep getting problems and keep asking me to sort it out and first thing I do is check for software update. Check yesterday because I read that S20s are getting May update already. Anyway back to s10 for you guys who's having issues with there app have you tried switching, your s10 off for 10 sec normally that should sort the issue out. If I remember right I got the March update on the last day off February
andrew corton
0 Likes
Andy50c
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried switching your s10 off for about 10 sec and seeing if that should sort the issue your having with your apps shutting down
andrew corton
0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
If you're apps keep crashing I would recommend watching this video it might help the issue
https://youtu.be/yRTXmTweyqg
0 Likes
StevenNEUK
Explorer
Options

I have an S10e, the latest update i got was on April 1st, they fixed most of the issues with the camera i posted about but noticed no extra features. All Samsung seem to be doing is moving settings around for absolutely no reason.

The digital zoom slider seems to jump from 4X to 10X rather than 8X under certain circumstances in the pro mode settings, it can zoom to 8X but when you keep zoom up to the 10X, it doesn't actually zoom any further.

The digital zoom also looks less grainy in pro mode settings than in default photo/video settings.

What the camera needs is voice commands for video (starts record when you say "record" and stops when you say "stop" and pauses when you say "pause") like photos "capture" etc. really surprised it has never been implemented.

A Dual Camera recording feature would be useful, the S5 had this option so the S10 series could easily support it but rather than it being a floating window, the cameras can show both images side by side.

My S10e was bought outright, unlocked, no carrier so that might be a reason why i got the update early.

0 Likes
Andy50c
Journeyman
Options
My S10 was my dad's and was on O2. The S10 unlocked and I'm on Giffgaff. Giffgaff don't release software updates, so tweeted 02 and they do so put a 02 sim in still no update. When I had blackberry and it was unlocked and put different sim in normally a update comes through, put sim in last night still no update
andrew corton
0 Likes
Josep72
Apprentice
Options

Yes man and it was a big mistake. You can't open links sent by emails or texts, eye comfort shield has to be activated/disactivated manually, dual camera removed... etc. I have a brand new samsung S10 and I hate it.

0 Likes