Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else's emails not woeking peoperly since the latest software update?

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 12:20 PM)
soulnut
Journeyman
Options
Email
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@soulnut: Please can you provide further details of the issue you're experiencing with your emails? In the meantime, please ensure you are connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then open your Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up box > Select your email account > Sync Account > On > Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom > Select 'Sync' from the Quick Panel. While you are in the Email Settings menu please check your Sync Schedule and Sync Period, and make sure you have Limit Retrieval Size set to 'No Limit'. If the issue persists, please try removing the account and re-adding it via the steps below to see if this helps.

Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Email > Remove Account > Manage Accounts > Add Account > Email, and fill in the required fields. 

If the problem persists, uninstall the Email app by pressing and holding on the app icon > Uninstall, then reinstall it via the Google Play Store.

0 Likes
soulnut
Journeyman
Options

I have to physically open the app and refresh it before i get any new emails, it won't be fixed just like the issues since andoid 11, and since those phones are faulty, it will never be fixed. Last tome ill be using a ****sung

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@soulnut: Can you try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Background Usage Limits, and check the Sleeping and Deep Sleeping apps to see if the Email app is listed here? If it is, press and hold on it and hit 'Remove' to see if this helps. Furthermore, head to Settings > Apps > Email > Battery > Allow Background Activity, and toggle the switch on. 

0 Likes
soulnut
Journeyman
Options
Nope, not there. The problem as usual is the software update now the ammoubt of people ive seen complaining about the s10 is unbelievable. Like i say, i wont be using sh-itsung again.
0 Likes