Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Animation issues.

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 12:16 AM)
Frankieseaman
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Is anyone else having some weird animation issues when unlocking the device? If I unlock my device, animations seem choppy, especially if I leave an apps specifically. Sometimes it even does something I can only describe as a double animation, where the app/folder icon that goes small when leaving an app plays either twice or two times going a slightly different trajectory. I appreciate the 3 years of updates samsung, but if you cant optimise my phone properly after 1 update, then I worry about the stability of the later updates.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GreyMatter
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
are you using an SD card with yiur phone?
a memory vard that is faulty, low on soace ir even not rated at the correct speed can cause the whole device to misbehave
0 Likes
Bear778
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
You can choose to turn down animations in settings..and they optimise phones really good.... try resetting your phone to the default settings buh make sure to back up your things to the cloud
0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Are you referring to the kind of choppy animations you get when you unlock your phone after a long time, or after a restart?
0 Likes
Frankieseaman
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
In a way, but it happens with many apps. It can happen as well if I am using a slightly demanding app, like Amazon Prime video or netflix. It is nothing deal breaking but it just feels a sub par experience for a phone that a year and a half ago was a flagship.
0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Not sure I've ever experienced it, although I do notice microstutters in the actual UI. However, I think this is because of the heavy One UI skin.

If you haven't done so in a while, I recommend restarting your device.
0 Likes