Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android System WebView update problem

(Topic created on: 01-01-2020 01:17 PM)
Splints
Apprentice
Options

Android System WebView app will not install after last update on Google play store..ring constantly going round on update page...

I think this is stopping Google Chrome from updating also...

Any solutions...?

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
Tiffany2020
First Poster
Options

My app also got stuck on "installing" mode when I tried installing its updates (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+). To stop it until there's a fix, here's what I did, 5 easy steps (I hope it also works for u :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed: 😞

1. Go to ur phones Settings,

2. Go to Apps or Manage Apps,

3. Find and click on the Google Play Store to access its details/properties screen,

4. Click the 3 dots at the top,

5. Select "Uninstall Updates".

Once I re-entered the Play Store it automatically reinstalled its updates and the Android System WebView app was no longer stuck on "installing...". Worked like a charm, thankfully! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: (Reminder: Just dont forget to go back into the Play Store's settings and disable Auto-Updates if u had them disabled before.)

Splints
Apprentice
Options
Great work Tiffany2020...
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I downloaded it again from the website.
Works great.
0 Likes
watchdog60
First Poster
Options

I had problems with Android System WebView app update after updating my Note9 to Samsung UI 2.

As suggested, I removed the updates to Playstore and then tried to update the WebView app; it worked.

Thank you.

0 Likes
M_C
Journeyman
Options

This doesn't work if the store app hasn't been updated since installing android 10, which is the case with my g9650...

Webview update freezes at 72% on store app, no matter what.

Installing from apkmirror also didn't work; tried both webview 80 and 81; same result.

0 Likes
slaviksoft
First Poster
Options

works for me

0 Likes
MrJummy
Apprentice
Options
I had this issue after a device reset and clean setup (no restore). This trick worked, so thanks. However, the Play Store does not see any app updates anymore. I hope it will auto-fix itself.
0 Likes
Drkstarinthesky
First Poster
Options

this works 😃

0 Likes
mschueller
First Poster
Options
Worked for me, thanks Tiffany2020
0 Likes
Agoroso