Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android Auto Wireless on BMW iDrive 7.0

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 09:54 PM)
Jangla
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have a Samsung s10+ with latest software updates installed and a BMW 118i 2020 model with latest iDrive 7.0 software which should support Android Auto wirelessly.

I've tried several times to connect but each time the car says that it either can't connect or that I should follow prompts on the phone - which never materialise.

Music and calls connection works no problem. Android Auto not so much. I've tried both a USB connection and wireless.

I've even reinstalled Android Auto on the phone a couple of times and fully reset the car to factory settings. Nothing seems to work.
3 REPLIES 3
S10_Plus_Owner
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Heya, I have S10+ and X5 2019. I asked the dealer about the same problem and he told me to wait 1-2 weeks. If you check the compatibility of Android Auto with BMW, you will see the following message "Android Auto is coming soon in BMW models.https://www.android.com/auto/compatibility/ . So all we can do is wait...

0 Likes
Jangla
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue.

As my car is new, the Android Auto firmware is already installed in the iDrive system and should work - I've had this confirmed by BMW who verified it against my VIN.

In the meantime, I have managed to get it running once or twice but it's still non-functional about 80% of the time. On the occasions I have had success, it requires me to delete all devices from the head unit and start again in a very specific order, setting up the car Wifi Direct connection first and then bluetooth. It will work for that journey but next time I get in the car, it will refuse to connect and I have to start over.

Additionally, it will only ever work if I have both Android Auto and Android Auto for Phone Screens installed on the Samsung device.

0 Likes
EdG05
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have BMW X5 2019. Dealer updated to the last Idrive 7 version with should support Android Auto.  On my Galaxy S10 phone it shows connected, but there is no Android Auto menu in the car.  Screenshot from the phone: https://snipboard.io/rVOJei.jpg    Does any body had same issue?  Dealer are not able to find the reason.

0 Likes