Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 has ruined my phone.

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 03:16 PM)
Joe9tee
Journeyman
Options

My S10 5g has recently been automatic updated and since the update I can only open kne app at a time. I am unable to use the home key and go into another app,the screen does not work.

I have to use the lower left button to close all apps and start again.

There are several other bugs too, runs a little laggy and the video disappears when you hold the phone horizontally to go full screen.

Not impressed with this latest roll out and it's got me seriously thinking about moving over to ios. 

Going off the forums the amount of complaints regarding this update tells me that it's not fit for purpose. 

I'd like some help in fixing this. It's not on.

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, the first things to do after an update is to clear system cache and install and run Galaxy app booster.

If you haven't done these things, please do so.
0 Likes
afgzee
Explorer
Options
This is what happens when they rush the update out. My s10 5g hasn't been updated yet. My Huawei Mate 40 Pro was updated to EMUI 12 3 weeks ago and its running as smooth as ever.
0 Likes
Joe9tee
Journeyman
Options

I have tried to do so but get conflicting instructions on which buttons to press and for how long.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, connect your phone to your PC then follow the instructions here https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-galaxy-s10/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-gal...
0 Likes
Members_ikhJb44
Apprentice
Options

Regarding the first problem, I had the same thing after the latest Android update. After three calls to Samsung, the issue now seems to be resolved. The problem was with the Android Web View app. I allowed Samsung to access the phone remotely using the Smart Tutor software and the agent uninstalled updates on the app after which my phone stated working normally again. I had previously been advised to do a factory reset without any guarantee that it would work so I’m quite relieved to have avoided that! 

0 Likes
Joe9tee
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the input folks my nephew finally fixed it, he updated mcafee on my phone manually and its working a treat now. Android is bloody frustrating sometimes!
0 Likes