Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 broke media playback on a lockscreen!

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 08:00 PM)
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Hello, so I was really happy when I found out that Chrome browser allows me to play some video, lock the screen and on the lockscreen resume the playback. Unfortunately seems like it no longer works after last software upgrade 😞 The play/stop controls are still there on lockscreen but play button just doesn't do anything and I need to unlock the phone to play it! So it is impossible to play something from a webpage and have phone in my pocket. One workaround is to use touchblocker, but I would rather use the built-in functionality of course also because the screen can be off during playback.

3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page may be helpful

Add Spotify or Amazon music
On Lock screen

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/spotify-controls-missing-on-lock-screen/td-p/4...
0 Likes
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Sorry but how is this related to my problem? Not at all...

Larry McArdle
Student
Options

I agree, this is a terrible MISS by Samsung!!

I used this functionality every day, 5-10 hours per week, on my Galaxy A70.  Unfortunately that phone's USB charging connection failed, so I bought the Galaxy S22 Ultra.  Everything was great until I discovered that I'm missing this key functionality that the A70 had!!

When I start playing media (a video on Rumble) in Chrome, the media output player shows up when I swipe down.  Everything seems good.  But when I turn off the screen, the playback stops.  Then I turn on the screen and I can see the music widget with proper labels for the video, but the controls do nothing.  The music widget will not work for media on a Chrome webpage.  TOTAL FAIL, SAMSUNG.

Please do not give any answers like above about Spotify or other services.  These mean nothing to me.

Please do not mention the Rumble app.  It is not available where I live.

This is standard functionality that was available in lower phones and previous versions of Android.

FIX IT SAMSUNG!!