Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 Broke all google apps.

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 06:00 AM)
Saulram
Apprentice
Options

I received a replacement s10+ on 2/8/22. Phone was working fine until the morning of 2/12/22. Mandatory forced update kicked in forcing phone to android 12. Now no google app works on my phone. Just does a continues load and acts like I do not have internet. Youtube, playstore, gdrive, chrome. None of them work. Any way to fix this?

Rebooting phone clearing catch, clearing updates nothing is working. 

Edit: To add more to this my Phone model is SM-G975U. It looks like android 12 was pushed out to the phone on 2/11/22. Forced update happened the next day. I noticed the problem as soon as the update was over. Went to open youtube and it would no longer work. 

Update!!! In the end the only thing that fixed the phone was factory resting it. You can use smart switch to back up your phone to either a sd card or even a computer. https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-switch/ After doing that all google apps are back to working the way they should and my s10+ is currently operating on android 12.

No way of knowing what conflict caused this and its a shame i had to go through all this trouble do to a forced update from Samsung. In case any one wants to avoid this potential risk in the future you can turn off auto update by activating developer mode on your phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Saulram
Apprentice
Options

I hate to say it but the only thing that fixed it in the end was a full factory rest and re loading everything back in too phone through smart switch. You can backup your phone with smart switch too a micro sd card or even our computer then factory rest. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Honzicek42
Explorer
Options
Yeah I know exactly on my phone as well is broken all terrible!!
KrisH82
Journeyman
Options
Mine too. Not as bad as this guy but not working properly. S10
0 Likes
Solution
Saulram
Apprentice
Options

I hate to say it but the only thing that fixed it in the end was a full factory rest and re loading everything back in too phone through smart switch. You can backup your phone with smart switch too a micro sd card or even our computer then factory rest. 

0 Likes
saraLala
Explorer
Options

How can Samsung just mess up our phones with update without responsibilities, my phone is currently unusable and then we need to do a factory reset to fix this (hope then will work). Do you know how much work it is to transfer all my data? Not cool. Never buying Samsung again. 

0 Likes
Saulram
Apprentice
Options

Agreed with the update part. The update should be our choice and if it messes up the phone then their should be some sort of compensation. For me this is my last Samsung phone too.

I've hated this curved screen junk they started a few phones ago. It is a massive weak point. I've never had so many phones have cracked screens. Now on top of it they are following apple with horrible phone designes of removing features like the micro SD card slot.

To answer your question I was lucky in the sense that I had just switched to this S10+ plus from my old one that had a "surprised" cracked screen. I was able to just re smart switch after factory resetting.

If you use smart switch on your computer make sure to remove the microsd card slot before you start. For me it did not give me a choice and is started to pull my SD card. I have an almost full 500gb card. By removing the card you force it to just back up the part that's not all ready saved and stored on the card. I can't tell you how long yours will take. That depends on how much data you have.

Going from one phone to another (that phone all ready had the data on it so kinda like a pre backup) took about 30 minutes. I have about 90gb on internal memory.

Good luck. Hope a factory rest helps you too.

Slee_lee
Student
Options

Just sharing.  In my S10, I can't update 10+apps (certain apps including Google apps) after the Android 12 update in Feb22.  Did the hard reset, the first week fine, but the problem comes back again... So, hard reset won't guarantee in my case. 

0 Likes