Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANDROID 11 UPDATE ON SAMSUNG S10

(Topic created on: 24-07-2021 12:24 PM)
Badman
Pioneer
Options

Hi Guys,

Any idea when Samsung S10 is going to get Android 11 update.

My wife has S10lite powered by Snapdragon which got the Android 11 update around December 2020 and my S10 which was meant to be a flagship phone is still without an update.

On a different note, the battery consumption has shot up quite significantly without any change in my activity. I havd tried optimising the device,  put lot of apps on sleep and yet not joy.

I guess update is more like a bloody lottery.   Any suggestions will be welcome regarding sorting the battery issue .

Screenshot_20210613-125914_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-211344_Software update.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Wow, you are still stuck on the June 2020 security patch. That is very strange and is not normal. Try backing up all your data, then reset the phone and tell me what happens. I really hope that I am able to help you solve your problem.
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Do try (if you haven't tried this before) settings ~>software update ~> download & install

What is your exact model type ( settings ~> about phone ~> model number)
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Could try connecting phone to computer and use the Smart Switch app on your computer to check for any available updates for the phone ( will need to install Smart Switch on your computer first if not already installed )
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What is your CSC and who is your carrier?
Badman
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20210724-130004_Settings.jpg

Thanks folks for the suggestions. 

My model is SM-G973F and carrier is Vodafone.

Seems that the form keeps deleting my response as I mentioned my feelings about Samsung 

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
You should have received these updates shown in the pictures attached and I checked your model number and CSC and these are the updates that were released for your exact model within the past 7-8 Months.Screenshot_20210724-131836_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210724-131912_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
No, I never received any such updates. Even try updating it many times but can't fetch the update. Any idea on how can I?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This has me scratching my head. Do you have access to a PC as per papashun's suggestion is the next thing to try.
On the subject of battery life Google Play Services has recently become a battery hog. I am using the Beta version which is a vast improvement.
0 Likes
Badman
Pioneer
Options
I might give it a try to papashun's suggestion.
0 Likes