Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting... notification

(Topic created on: 23-05-2021 05:30 AM)
utopic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ever since the big update to Android 11 / One UI 3 I've been getting the

"An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting unexpectedly, save unsaved data and restart your phone"

notification, many times a day.

After the update and prior to having this error, I have not messed with the card or the SIM, connected the phone to the PC, dropped the phone or done anything that might lead to this - the card had been inserted months ago in the phone and left untouched.

I don't seem to have any issues using the phone, can access the card OK for both reading & writing. 

I can't turn the bloody notification off and it's driving me up the wall as I'm getting it even during the night.

Have tried:

• restarting the phone
  • unmounting the card and restarting the phone
  • physically removing and card from the phone and putting it back
  • removing the card and error checking it (in windows, using a card reader)
  • copying the card contents to the PC, formatting the card in the phone, then copying the contents back (via the windows file explorer)
  • getting into the recovery mode (which was pain the *ss) and wiping the dalvik cache
  • full/factory reset

The model # is SM-G970F/DS, kernel version is 4.14.113-20607146, latest available updates are installed, phone is stock, non rooted, non carrier locked.

Any suggestions?

179 REPLIES 179
FUXXY
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
It's the media and storage permissions for one ui
0 Likes
Theother37
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

One ui permissions does not work. Stop posting.

0 Likes
Nold1996
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hahahah lol.

Btw mine already resolved after 29April big updated and until today happily can say didn't received any pop notification again regards sd card removed. Software problem it is.  

So just wait for the update laa frend.

0 Likes
FUXXY
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
The message itself comes from there it's been 3 plus days I haven't seen a message since and this is the second a72 I've had in 2 weeks I took a crack at it leaving the message up on notifications when I changed the permissions in one UI the message disappeared let people try it if it works for them it works if not no harm no foul
0 Likes
FUXXY
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Try changing permissions in one UI while leaving the message up see if it disappears settings apps one UI media and storage and contacts to allow
0 Likes
PsyKies
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Didn't work for me on my A52 5G.

Just got a new software update this morning and no notifications since. Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
FUXXY
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
It came back after a bit so permissions aren't working
0 Likes
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ahhh, playing the long game; love the payoff! Thanks for the laugh!!!

0 Likes
ozbaggie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have received the 15th May update and my A52-5G still has this issue. Anyone else in the same boat

0 Likes
Dirtyredd54
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This can't be a hardware issue. I have a Samsung galaxy note 10 plus for 2 years didn't happen until update installed. Tried everything to no avail.

0 Likes