Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting... notification

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 02:19 AM)
utopic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ever since the big update to Android 11 / One UI 3 I've been getting the

"An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting unexpectedly, save unsaved data and restart your phone"

notification, many times a day.

After the update and prior to having this error, I have not messed with the card or the SIM, connected the phone to the PC, dropped the phone or done anything that might lead to this - the card had been inserted months ago in the phone and left untouched.

I don't seem to have any issues using the phone, can access the card OK for both reading & writing. 

I can't turn the bloody notification off and it's driving me up the wall as I'm getting it even during the night.

Have tried:

• restarting the phone
  • unmounting the card and restarting the phone
  • physically removing and card from the phone and putting it back
  • removing the card and error checking it (in windows, using a card reader)
  • copying the card contents to the PC, formatting the card in the phone, then copying the contents back (via the windows file explorer)
  • getting into the recovery mode (which was pain the *ss) and wiping the dalvik cache
  • full/factory reset

The model # is SM-G970F/DS, kernel version is 4.14.113-20607146, latest available updates are installed, phone is stock, non rooted, non carrier locked.

Any suggestions?

179 REPLIES 179
Agi4
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the A72  AUD2   get the error several times a day.

0 Likes
Nold1996
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@cjvonhelmut 

Hi how was it now? Still receiving notification bout SD card removed??

0 Likes
Halfrozen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Got the same problem on A72 after update A725FXXU1AUD2

0 Likes
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

As of yet, 24 hours(ish) later, no more notifications.

I've been slowly cycling through apps, and doing things that will make the phone read data on the card, and so far all is OK.

I haven't restarted since the software update required it, and the only thing I've saved to the card was a couple screenshots.

Famous Last Words, but, It seems to be fixed.

the update:

Screenshot_20210513-121852_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
ItsJohnny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yeah right , i said that.Just wait a couple of days

0 Likes
MirkoGhi
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I cannot confirm since I swapped phone before the update. I tried 3 other A72 phones and all 3 didn't have the sd notification error. BUT, the 2nd one I tried came with the previous update installed and I did not have the issue. i also had it serviced because i noticed a big frameskip while recording stabilyzed videos and they swapped motherboard on that phone. (turns out it might be a software related issue and i'm reporting it via samsung chat, looks like all units have this other problem) anyway. after  samsung service gave the phone back to me (so after the mobo swap) i started getting the sd error again! and the april update was installed too! anyway, after i restored my backup via smart switch, i've never seen the issue again.

i swapped the phone again anyway because the vibration motor sounded like a fart (completely different than the first) and guess what, the other phone i got (3rd one) had another issue with the vibration motor, but no sd error. then, finally i got my actual (4th) phone, with a decent (not perfect) vibration motor and no sd issue. it still loses frames while recording videos but i hope they will fix it on a future update (i sent them all the documents of the rapair report) note that for the 3rd and 4th phone i've installed the april update right away. and i did not test if the error would come up without it.

0 Likes
A52-User
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This issue will be fixed in the next software update. This is the official message I received from Samsung on 05-15-2021.

In the mean time I removed my SD card from the phone to keep the error message from bugging me all day. 

0 Likes
Theother37
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

If you simply unmount the sd card the notification no longer appears. No need to physically remove it just to disable the relentless notification.

0 Likes
A52-User
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Unmount didn't work for the thread starter and it didn't work for me on my new A52 5G. 

0 Likes
FUXXY
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have a solution go into settings go to apps find the ui application and allow the contacts and media and storage to allow it should fix it 

0 Likes