Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting... notification

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 01:13 PM)
utopic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ever since the big update to Android 11 / One UI 3 I've been getting the

"An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting unexpectedly, save unsaved data and restart your phone"

notification, many times a day.

After the update and prior to having this error, I have not messed with the card or the SIM, connected the phone to the PC, dropped the phone or done anything that might lead to this - the card had been inserted months ago in the phone and left untouched.

I don't seem to have any issues using the phone, can access the card OK for both reading & writing. 

I can't turn the bloody notification off and it's driving me up the wall as I'm getting it even during the night.

Have tried:

• restarting the phone
  • unmounting the card and restarting the phone
  • physically removing and card from the phone and putting it back
  • removing the card and error checking it (in windows, using a card reader)
  • copying the card contents to the PC, formatting the card in the phone, then copying the contents back (via the windows file explorer)
  • getting into the recovery mode (which was pain the *ss) and wiping the dalvik cache
  • full/factory reset

The model # is SM-G970F/DS, kernel version is 4.14.113-20607146, latest available updates are installed, phone is stock, non rooted, non carrier locked.

Any suggestions?

176 REPLIES 176
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey @cjvonhelmut ,

you need the app to send an Error Report. This comes pre-installed in a lot of our devices and you can find it on the Samsung folder or on the Galaxy Store. 

0 Likes
Members_ZOJcFml
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy a52. Keep getting the sd card has been removed notification even tho it works fine without any issue. Any fix? I don't know if I should keep the phone and wait for the update that fixes this problem (which may not happen because Samsung didn't fix this issue with previous phones)or get another one. I wasted whole day to transfer all my apps etc.. to this new phone and now I get this annoying error, this is unacceptable.

0 Likes
ItsJohnny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am going to retun mine ( a72 128gb ). They released an update but didn't worked for me...so i am going to return my phone. I find it annoying because they responded to my report ( bring it to our service ) and i can't have a brand new phone with problems since the day i bought it 

0 Likes
Agi4
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Does anyone know if this is fixed. Have A72 and sent error report by samsung members. They replied saying its fixed but were unable to say how. Software update says at latest level and nearing the end of 28 day return window

0 Likes
utopic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

For me it's not fixed, OTOH for my S10e, the last update was on the 2nd of April.

0 Likes
Theother37
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Not fixed for a52.

0 Likes
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

a52 also not fixed.  the frequency changes day to day, and lately it's less frequent...except  when charging

0 Likes
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've been getting them a bit less, but still multiple times daily...

Anyone else getting a barrage of notifications when connected to a charger? In the +/- an hour I connect to my charger every day or so, it's pretty constant.

0 Likes
MirkoGhi
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Over tried 2 A72 phones after the update (one of them with a motherboard replacement, so it's like I've tried 3 phones) No notification so far. I'm getting another one tho because they both had vibration motor issues... We'll see how it goes with my 4th A72... I really really hope the sd notification issue won't come back... I think I cannot exchange it again... These phones are flawed anyway. (stabilized video recording stutters, and even after changing mobo) 

0 Likes
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@MirkoGhi 

I got the impression that when you updated to A525FXXU1AUD2 (or A72×××) you stopped getting the notification? Is this true? Or did I read you still changed phones after getting that update?  Because  the notifications came back?

I was able to finally get that update, and I haven't had the notification since the restart... fingers crossed, but, I'm not holding my breath, it's only been a few hours.