Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting... notification

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 03:50 PM)
utopic
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ever since the big update to Android 11 / One UI 3 I've been getting the

"An SD card was removed unsafely. To prevent your phone from restarting unexpectedly, save unsaved data and restart your phone"

notification, many times a day.

After the update and prior to having this error, I have not messed with the card or the SIM, connected the phone to the PC, dropped the phone or done anything that might lead to this - the card had been inserted months ago in the phone and left untouched.

I don't seem to have any issues using the phone, can access the card OK for both reading & writing. 

I can't turn the bloody notification off and it's driving me up the wall as I'm getting it even during the night.

Have tried:

• restarting the phone
  • unmounting the card and restarting the phone
  • physically removing and card from the phone and putting it back
  • removing the card and error checking it (in windows, using a card reader)
  • copying the card contents to the PC, formatting the card in the phone, then copying the contents back (via the windows file explorer)
  • getting into the recovery mode (which was pain the *ss) and wiping the dalvik cache
  • full/factory reset

The model # is SM-G970F/DS, kernel version is 4.14.113-20607146, latest available updates are installed, phone is stock, non rooted, non carrier locked.

Any suggestions?

176 REPLIES 176
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am really confused by how my replies are showing up on here... 

This reply was supposed to be to: on page 8, but something is funky.  Or my posts is being removed/moved around.. or I'm just dumb and replied incorrectly....

anyway:

It's hard to say what the most universally used apps are: What's App, Ebay. Web brower apps. Youtube. Wikipedia, IMDB, Google stuff...

Maybe it would be an app that saves(/reads) a lot of data to the card.

At first I thought the music app I was using, which accesses a lot of data on the sd card, could be the problem, but I'm not so sure.

0 Likes
MirkoGhi
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Nah, if we have the same issue, even going in safe mode won't solve the issue (I made the same thinking as you) just try, if the error is still there, it is not a third party app... 

0 Likes
Nold1996
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Probably the hardware at some lines of the production as mentioned by MirkoGhi. 

Funny my A52 after the big 29 April update do not shows any popping notification SD removed again.

The root of the problem yet not to be expose.

For example, I notice that the A52 screen during Always on Display (AOD) mode emit white light as supposed to(completely black) I was wondering is it only my device or do you guys also experience the same thing as me ??  

(Can do you experiment by gone to the darkest place and switch on the AOD function in the phone. Does the phone emit few white light at the edges as IPS does during AoD mode, supposedly Aod only emit light from one area(in this case the clock) not the edge of the screen)

Kindly Share your experience here.

0 Likes
Daa
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have samsung A40 for few years, never had problem until the march update when this annoying sd card notification instantly after update started appearing.

For everyone who thinks it is hardware problem, it is not

They need to fix the software for android, the march update is obviously incompatible with the samsung hardware...either that or send us an update that will bring back the last android version that had none of these problems! I mean, they just need to undo the update from March and all will be well!

cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Regarding AOD: I have it turned on, and I do not notice this light. Mine is set to 10 seconds, and the clock/date is small along the right edge, the only light.

MirkoGhi
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I got a second replacement (third phone) I don't have the sd issue and the vibration motor is better (still weird, long vibration starts more powerful then becomes weaker...) anyway. I mentioned a possible hardware issue because the technician at the official repair shop said so. I really don't know anymore... I hope everyone will get this sorted once for all

MirkoGhi
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm not sure if I understood you about the aod. It is normal to emit some light because the clock and everything else shown on screen must actually emit some light to be visible. 

AntS
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Cheers guys! We're still looking into this SD Card error message issue, so anyone still experiencing it please do continue to share your experiences and to send error reports with log files via the Members app. 

Quoting MirkoGhi's post on how to send good error reports:

@MirkoGhi wrote:

please @everyone report it following this guide https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-report-error-using-samsung-members-ap...

to make it quicker they asked me to make the report 3 mins max afer the error occured, and to describe exactly what you did before the error appeared. then finally check the send system log data report. this way they can investigate properly and give us a bugfix. it cannot be all faulty hadware units...

ItsJohnny
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yeah so...i reported alot....guess i'm going to get a refund

0 Likes
cjvonhelmut
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

and how do you report errors without downloading and using this extra Samsung Members App?

Also, how come when I click to "Download and install' the newest software update I get a pop that says: 'Couldn't download update'  The server has reached it's daily download limit.

I don't know why it didn't auto-update, but I wonder how or why is there such a limit in the first place.. do you just have to be lucky to have updated software?

0 Likes