Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A list of all my Android issues on my NEW Galaxy S10. Need fix without losing data.

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 05:29 AM)
Riniel
Pioneer
Options

My Brand New Android, my first non Apple phone in a decade has been nothing but a nightmare out if the box. I don't want to lose my information wiping it because there's now three months of important graphics projects in my art app on the new device that are many layers each that I can't merge to export and lose the workability, and they're nowhere else. I got this phone as a graphic artist to make my life easier but it's been the complete opposite. I'm not even sure wiping it will even fix all this stuff because the OS seems to be endless glitches. Yes, Android gives you a lot of freedom and let's you do a lot of things you can't on an iPhone, but the consequence is high instability of the operating system. Things on Android never go exactly as they're supposed to. Sometimes a feature like Smart Lock will work every 8th to 10th try (even after days of extensive troubleshooting). Sometimes your 5 pages of home screens with their carefully arranged widgets will just disappear and after two months of wonderful use, when your phone restarts, you're left with 5 empty home screen pages and Samsung Support tells you that there's no way to tell how it happened or when it will happen again. Features that work now, will randomly stop working in the future or will function intermittently, like the awesome video lock screen you bragged to all your iPhone friends about and now they laugh that not even that works now most times, it will freeze up. When you adjust your battery saver settings, something overloads and shorts out the edge panel of meticulously arranged apps you've been using since day one. All my apps were arranged in there and after switching to optimize battery, the edge panel is blank when you pull out the tray. Now it's corrupted and takes up the whole home page when you pull it out. Going back to high performance mode doesn't fix it, either. Another once useful feature shot. You depend on the alarm for waking up for work but if you decide to turn on the auto restart feature, you have to choose between the two. Alarm or restart, because the restart feature shorts out the alarm. Forums reveal this is a big issue for people and Samsung says they're working on a fix in an update in the near future. But the date they said that and the original post was 9 MONTHS AGO. Everything is a glitch on this thing. All this starts days after you take it out of the box. This phone is only three months old and has been nothing but glitches. I'm very disappointed that after 10 years of apple, I break down and spend over $1,000 on a phone and it's unreliable and unstable.

ALSO: Just using my sketchbook by Autodesk app and doing the same basic things I could do with NO PROBLEM on my iPhone 8, the phone is constantly running out of memory and crashing! This thing is a thousand dollar piece of c r a p !

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've not had any issues with the Samsung phones I've owned from its software. Yes Android is open source to an extent but that does not come hand in hand with " endless glitches"

I've owned the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge , Samsung s8, Note 9 and Note 10+ 5G to name a few recent models and not experienced those issues at all. I'm not saying these are real issues for your phone.

Issues can arise from non optimised apps either from the Playstore or via Apk files which I would not personally recommend to use as these are away from the sanctity of the Playstore.

I once had a phone with the pink line issue on the display.

If a person back up before a factory reset then no information should be lost.

As well as backing upto Samsung Cloud I also back upto Dropbox. There are other online vaults also available @Riniel 

Can you let a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre have hands on with your phone ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

I suggest you back up your data and do a factory reset. If it doesn't get better bring the phone to Samsung and let them have a look.

0 Likes
Riniel
Pioneer
Options
I wish but the nearest one is in New York for me and that is not a possible trip for me to make.
0 Likes
DYasinCan
Apprentice
Options

I did also changed from iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S10. 

The thing with the Android is, there different types of settings for EVERYTHING. It will take some time until you understand the settings (especially battery settings). 

You should check EVERY setting to get work everything as you like. For example, if any app is restricted to use the battery in background, it could result (in your case) widgets not updating, not showing up etc. 

I recommend you to check all the settings starting with Battery and Device Maintenance. 

Read more about Device Maintenance here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/about-device-maintenance/

--
A Samsung Galaxy S10 User
--
Riniel
Pioneer
Options

I would love to do that but there are only a handful of "experience" stores and none in New Jersey to take it to. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Riniel wrote:

I would love to do that but there are only a handful of "experience" stores and none in New Jersey to take it to. 

Ah I then appreciate visiting a Samsung Experience Store isnt a viable option for you @Riniel 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Riniel
Pioneer
Options

okay. looks like the only option beside factory resetting is NONE since I've been messing in pages and pages of settings but that won't change sloppy coding and inferior programing like the known issue bugs I see in the forums from NINE MONTHS AGO that Samsung refuses to acknowledge. BACK TO IPHONE! Returning this garbage.

Ollie76
First Poster
Options
A few days ago I decided to download the Samsung update on my Samsung s10plus, I really wish I did not do it, I certainly will never do anymore updates and suggest others do the same, since downloading the predictive dose not work , I know find out all my stickers on WhatsApp has gone, no doubt I will find others. I am very angry with Samsung. an update is SUPPOSE TO FIX CLITCHES - NOT delete items, I wanted to look at something as it seems they to are having the same problem, but you can not read it BECAUSE SAMSUNG want you to download an app called regit or something like that to actually see the information. This is all wrong what the hell is Samsung playing at? can this update be removed? I will not do a factory reset and loose everything, and the time spent on it.
is Samsung trying to put skyward on our phones. THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE BUT SPYING I have always had Samsung but this is now the last straw. Even the keyboard has changed.
0 Likes