Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

999 calls

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 07:50 PM)
paula2604
First Poster
Options
I can't phone an emergency number from my S10. My sister is having the same problem with her J6. The screen freezes and it won't connect. Obviously I don't want everyone dialling 999 but just wondered if anyone has noticed this?
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
paula2604
First Poster
Options
That worked!! So it must be an app, trouble is how do I find out which one without keep dialling 999?
0 Likes
paula2604
First Poster
Options
I turned my phone to safe mode and it worked straight away so must be an app, I'll let you know if I find our which one
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thankyou! I will do the same here and let you know if I work out what the cause is
0 Likes
0161coop
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have the same issue with my S8. Phone hangs for about 30 seconds then I get a message "phone has stopped responding- wait or close" if I tap wait, it hangs for another 30 seconds and restarts. The call never completes and doesn't appear in the phone log. I've had this happen numerous times with both 999 and 112.

0 Likes
0161coop
First Poster
Options

Update- just uninstalled a load of apps and I'm back working again. WhatsApp, Facebook, Guardian, Dropbox, Telegram, Covid Symptom Tracker, Nest and Philips Hue are some of the main ones that I have left on and don't appear to be causing the issue. 

0 Likes
Parrmageddon
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue here, can you let me know which apps you uninstalled? (playstore>tap your photo>manage apps and device> manage>set filter to 'not installed')

I can then cross reference this to what I have on mine, and hopefully find the culprit. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I found this today. Looks like it might be related to the Microsoft Teams app

https://www.theregister.com/2021/12/09/android_911_teams/

0 Likes
sugarb
First Poster
Options
Hi, did u manage to find out what app was the problem? I've had to call 999 for an ambulance for my daughter twice in the last 4 weeks, both times it connected then went silent. Luckily emergency services have called back but this is so dangerous
0 Likes