Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

999 calls

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 09:33 PM)
paula2604
First Poster
Options
I can't phone an emergency number from my S10. My sister is having the same problem with her J6. The screen freezes and it won't connect. Obviously I don't want everyone dialling 999 but just wondered if anyone has noticed this?
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
AminH
Explorer
Options

Hey, @paula2604! Does this issue occur when calling other numbers as well or just the emergency services? 

0 Likes
paula2604
First Poster
Options
Just emergency, 999 and 112
0 Likes
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
Try putting the device in safe mode and try and see what happens. I had this issue some time back and it was a 3rd party app
0 Likes
paula2604
First Poster
Options
Sorry to ask but how do you put it in safe mode? Did you find out what app it was causing the problem?
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @paula2604. To set your phone in Safe Mode, hold the Power button and then long press on Power off on the screen. This will change to Safe Mode. Tap on this and your phone will restart in Safe Mode. To exit Safe Mode, restart your phone as normal. Hope this helps! ^CH

kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I am having this exact issue too. S10+ cannot ring 999 or 112. This is incredibly dangerous, I needed to call the police earlier and was unable to! 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I think this is a bug. I tried several times from both SIM cards (I have dual SIM) and it just freezes up and never connects

0 Likes
paula2604
First Poster
Options
Yes thats exactly what happens with mine and my sisters phones. So dangerous, twice I've needed to call 999 and not been able to. Luckily both good outcomes but so dangerous.
0 Likes