Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

5Ghz hotspot channel change problem

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 11:33 AM)
przemek0924
Student
Options

5Ghz hotspot is invisible in EU, because my s10e (exynos version form europe distribution) generates wifi at 149 (US high band 3) channel. In EU, devices can only detect channels 36-48 (low band 1).  Is there any way to change manually 5Ghz channel to low band 1?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@przemek0924, You already got the answer on local Samsung Community. There's no way to change channel while using 5 GhZ mobile hotspot.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10/s10e-problem-z-hotspotem-5GHz/td-p/1714427

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
MB12345
Student
Options

How is this an answer? The real answer is that the 5GHz hotspot feature just doesn't work and hasn't worked for YEARS on European phones. S8, S9, S10, S20 all affected...

This is really lazy on Samsung's part. Some paid over €1000 for these products, it's really not acceptable. 

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@przemek0924, You already got the answer on local Samsung Community. There's no way to change channel while using 5 GhZ mobile hotspot.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10/s10e-problem-z-hotspotem-5GHz/td-p/1714427

0 Likes
przemek0924
Student
Options

Sorry I wrote about this problem on both PL and ENG forum. I thought they are seperate, and someone here maybe knows any way to change 5Ghz wifi channels.

0 Likes
Solution
MB12345
Student
Options

How is this an answer? The real answer is that the 5GHz hotspot feature just doesn't work and hasn't worked for YEARS on European phones. S8, S9, S10, S20 all affected...

This is really lazy on Samsung's part. Some paid over €1000 for these products, it's really not acceptable. 

ynnadb
Apprentice
Options

completely agree!  5ghz hotspot is virtually useless unless we can change the channels to increase a wider usage..  this is rubbish

Warbrd
First Poster
Options

First inferior exynos chip and now issues like this. Samsung doesn't care for europe. No more samsung for me. 

mrmoo232
First Poster
Options

I agree, I paid extra for a premium phone thats lacking features that are on phones that cost half as much. I bought this phone because android doesn't have the ridiculous limitations that Apple enforces on their users only to find Samsung doing the same stupid stuff. This is my last Samsung phone, I wish I had bought the LG now.

vemyo
First Poster
Options

Add here never working IPv6 on Samsung phones...

0 Likes
maffle
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with my S21FE and Android 13 in Germany. How incompetent is Samsung so that this is still a problem? I have a few devices which cant find the S21FE Hotspot in 5Ghz. After investigating into this, it seems plausible to me, that the S21FE uses some high channel like 1xx which most devices cant find in EU/Germany. For example my Google Chromecast with TV 4k cant find the S21FE 5Ghz hotspot, where a laptop of mine with an Intel Wifi card can find it, and I verified with it that it was some high channel like 14x it used.

How incompetent is Samsung? Why is there no option to select the channel, for example 36?

How can this STILL Be an problem in 2023!?

Members_LzYA1FC
Student
Options

Hi, had the same problem and found this online, which worked for me, on a Windows laptop:

Disabling the 802.11d value in the network adapter properties allowed connecting to 5G hotspot on Samsung S22.

0 Likes