Did you mean: 

Original topic:

4G isn't working

(Topic created on: 15/01/21 16:00)
Jeimuzu
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Good afternoon all.
Having trouble with my 4G after updating my Samsung galaxy S10 lite to the latest software update.
For the first time in nearly a year after this update my 4G does not turn on. I still get phone signal...I think. I have restarted the phone. Even took out the sim and put it in again. Even checked the settings.
But still no 4G data coming through.

Can anyone help?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

have you receive android 11 ? after any update did you do this https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012054968-How-to-Clear-the-Android-System-Cac... ?

also maybe a network reset my help ( you will lose wi-fi login credential )

0 Likes
Jeimuzu
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I'm having difficulty trying to clear the cache. there is no bixby button for a S10 lite, and googled to try and get to that command part with an S10 lite but it doesn't seem to work
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

To access the recovery menu to clear cache, your phone now needs to be connected to a PC

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey @Jeimuzu , 

To clear the Cache Partition on the S10 Lite, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Hold down the Power button + Volume Down button.
  2. When the screen goes dark push the Volume Up and Power keys for a few seconds.
  3. Release the Power key if the SAMSUNG logo appears. 
  4. Then, choose Wipe cache partition
  5. Now select Yes from the menu and press the Power key.

Before doing this, we would recommend backing up the device, find how to do this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

0 Likes
Jeimuzu
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
will need to have a go of this
0 Likes
Jeimuzu
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I did this but screen still returns to normal phone page
0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

That may indicate that this has now been cleared. Can you send us a video of this?

0 Likes
Jeimuzu
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I mean...not at present? don't have access to another phone and/or camera at present. later on I should be. though some weird error message did come up when it went back to home screen. had POP in it or something
0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

How strange, @Jeimuzu . Are you able to type this here for me?

0 Likes