Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will note 8 pie back up work on note9 oreao

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 10:06 PM)
Live1
Explorer
Options

So im a liitle worried my note 8 died and i backed it up to samsung cloud and the google account.but samsung want to replace my phone with a note 9.now the back up i made on my note 8 i was on android pie. I backed up the calendar entrys (this is super important) all files.all my apps,all my app settings,home screen layout.notes ive writtem.photos, music,settings documents messages etc etc.will this note 8 back up restore onto the note 9 the note 9 is on oreo. .if i lose my data because samsung want to give me a new phone ill go crazy 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It should be good to go @Live1 

I've backed up on my previous Samsung phones using Samsung Cloud and then upgraded to the next new Samsung phone that always ships with the newest android OS and have had no issues.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Live1
Explorer
Options

Ok thanks im going to keep my new phone on oreo And not upgrade to pie as i dont really like pie.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Live1 

I believe a person can choose not to update by dismissing a pop ip reminder and not have any relevant auto update setting turned On.

However I have seen past threads from people who have said their phone somehow self updated.

I'm curious....  what do you not like about Android 9 _ Pie ?    :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes