Support

Open search

Theme Removal

Highlighted
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to remove a theme from note 9? I cannot find where to remove it anywhere, tia

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @AmandaB88 

Long press on a blank place on your homescreen display. 

Look at the bottom and choose Themes. 

Choose the theme you no longer want and there should be a delete option at the bottom of your screen as per the screenshot from my own Note 9.

Screenshot_20190213-053313_Samsung Themes.jpg

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted
Navigator
Just for sake of it I have tried it out. Long press on the home screen takes you to featured themes and I see no delete. So to go to My Wallpapers and Themes I go through settings which then displays the installed Themes then I long press on the installed theme and this gives the option to delete.
Highlighted

Thank you, for some reason it works on any theme that is not applied, do you know how to remove themes altogether so its back to default? 

Highlighted

I guess you go through the same process for each unwanted theme and then just keep your preferred theme which in this case is the default theme.

Highlighted

You can choose your default theme by going t OJ the galaxy theme app/store an selecting the default theme under the 'my themes' sectionUnder my themes it's the very first optionUnder my themes it's the very first option

Highlighted

I do not have that option to delete it. It just shows Reapply on the bottom center. What do I do to get rid of it?

Highlighted

You don't have to delete any themes

At the very top of the galaxy store/my themes section all you have to do is make sure the check is on the 'default'  theme

Highlighted

I was trying to figure this out for over an hour. I found this response and it helped tremendously! I couldn't figure out. I wanted to use night mode on my SNote 10 Plus and I couldn't use it without uninstalling the theme (Christmas theme of course lol). Thank you for your tip!! :smiling-face:

Highlighted

That's the whole reason why I made the post! It took my like 2 days to figure it out because I wanted my phone on night mode as well. 

Figured if i needed help others did too!

Top Liked Authors