Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sm-n960u update

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 02:06 PM)
Craddan
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200314-150139_Settings.jpg

My phone is stucked in July update please how can I update it  what framware should I flash 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The best practice is to check in your phones software update section and by also using Smartswitch.

If your phone is unbranded i.e supplied by Samsung then they'll send out the update to all eligible phones in a scheduled process. 

If your phone was supplied by a network i.e branded then you'd need to speak with your network.

I personally wouldn't recommend using any Custom Roms unless your aware of how to use one and also are aware your phone could end up unstable or in the extreme unusable.

Then Samsung would levy a charge to try and put it right.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options

Hey,

I have same problem. Were you able to find any solution on how to update the software to android 10?

0 Likes
Craddan
First Poster
Options

Still on andriod pie no solution if you find one please tell me 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
If your phone was intended for use in another region, then this can sometimes lead to problems updating the device due to compatibility issues. Updates are rolled out in batches though, and can reach some regions later than others, so all I can suggest is enabling automatic updates via Settings > Software Update, to allow you to grab any updates when they become available. You can also check Smart Switch on your PC:

Please check the following link, navigate to 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/
Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your device using the official USB cable and look for an update prompt on the Home Screen, next to your device details.
0 Likes
Craddan
First Poster
Options

That does not work I even took it to Samsung office and I was ready to pay for them to upgrade it but they refuse ..the only option is flashing with odin and if I brick my phone not even Samsung office will fix ..so I see my sef using the phone like that till I get money to go for a better brand like the oneplus series 

0 Likes
iammoazzam
Explorer
Options
Check out my post and see what I have tried so far:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note9/No-Android-10-Update-on-my-Note-9-SM-960F/m-p/16991...

Odin is not secure as you already know. And there is no other solution I think then buying a better brand. Samsung really sucks in terms of updates. Just because we are using a Samsung device in another region doesn't mean we didn't pay them. I am also considering to shift on Oneplus, at least they are great in terms of performance and updates!
0 Likes