Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second SIM card disconnects randomly

(Topic created on: 06-06-2019 10:25 AM)
NessieChan
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've recently started using a second SIM card on my Galaxy Note 9, which I use for 4g internet. However, the card randomly disconnects, the phone stops detecting it. If I restart my phone, it can see it just fine. There isn't even wiggle room to place it differently on the card holder, there's no warning or error message, it just disappears until the next reboot. Anyone else experiencing this or has any idea how I could fix it?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@NessieChan 

No my Note 9 hasn't had this issue.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Chandi
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue. Came here for the solution.

0 Likes
Jpadie
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue on the S8 since I've had it a year ago.  Sometimes the second sim will stay recognised for a day or so. Sometimes only a few minutes.  No jogging or shock to the phone needed for the random lack of recognition.  

I would guess it is bad hardware design with a failure point either in imperfect SIM contacts or maybe a bad cap or pull up resistor on a signal from the Sims.   The first is much more likely.  

For me I changed the SIM just after the issue started in case the SIM contacts were too warn.  No change.  

0 Likes