Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after latest Android Update Version 10

(Topic created on: 12-05-2020 04:21 AM)
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have multiple keyboards set in Samsung keyboard -> Languages and types. 

The probelm I have, after the most recent update taking place (some week ago now) the predictive text is no longer showing up for russian keyboard. Why? 

I have English, UK and Portugese, they both show predictive text above. But not fur russian. This is very frustrating as I relied on this feature a lot when writing emails etc. 

Could you please share any suggestions and flag a fault for this. 

So far I have tried resetting the keyboard settings and restarting the phone. 

This happened after the latest software update. 

Thanks

211 REPLIES 211
Bobg0810
First Poster
Options

After Microsoft started to ignore there Nokia Lumia line of phones I switched to Google. Ive never owneda better phone than the pixel line from Google except for the 6 times I had to replace them for internal microphone or not connecting to Bluetooth. If your lucky to get a pixel without any issues amazing phone. This year I decided to try something new and got a Note 10. OMG WHAT A CLUSTER F*** OF USER INTERFACES. we have google, yahoo, Microsoft, samsung, amazon alexa , even Apple,  outlook which includes, GOOGLEASSISTANT,  Bixby(which i can't understand), cortana, alexa. Which comes with calendar apps for each reminder apps for each and constantly trying to gofrom Google to samsung to use the Spen which is eSier for me to use due to arthritis. Now many people love them and they say they are number one. They have a good base product, which is amazingly useful forages 14 to 26. As an adult with Dr appointments, pill reminders, daily planner are essential for my day to day and thats why I loved Nokia Lumia and the Google pixels. This Note10 (talking only for myself and my personal opinion) is a disaster, try to save a dr appointment well your gonna miss.it because I been using Google calendar and accidentally put on Samsung calendar. Reminders in Samsung notes or to do lists good luck, which photo app gallery, try syncing all your devices now you have 7 new email addresses and seven email apps, at any one time im logged into Samsung account Microsoft account, Live (skype), yahoo account t, an Apple account i only made for the promise of free music. A Google account that I can use as Samsung and the 2 Google accounts i have synced. There are 4 different keyboards good luck cause Samsung keyboard comes with nice perks like spen handwriting whatever but Google keyboard is the overall better keyboard especially when using speech to text.  Want to look at an email that shod be easy i mean there are 5 email apps to choose from

Each of them has at least one major issue. If you are an adult with a life and things to do and keep track of this is an awful mess. Yes I can sync all the accounts but now I'm vulnerable to hackers from seven different accounts. Probably 30 if you counted all the past ones you were forced to make. And how about that lovely feature remembering passwords. . Well where did it save Google or Samsung. How many clouds full of saved information again way easier access to all my info, can't keep any debit credit or gift cards because who knows who's already in my account, not to mention as I was trying to say before it is impossible to stay organized and on top of all the little reminders you need or dr appointments. Do not expect this line of cell phones to be good for anything other than games for your children. No serious or personal use. I do have to say its awesome to connect to more Bluetooth devices, but the languages nit working on your keyboards. Use the Google keyboard it's better for most everything but the S-pen. Im so so mad that I chose this one over the google pixel 4. SOOOOOO MAD

0 Likes
Victoria-20
First Poster
Options

This has worked for me thank you so much!!:)

0 Likes
julskruse
First Poster
Options

You are magic! Thank you for finding the solution!

0 Likes
Noneed4aname
First Poster
Options
Works perfectly, thank you.
I always thought I'd be able to keep on top of tech and it's uses, but I just can't hack the pace.
One thing I would say is why did Samsung think this was a good idea to get rid of in the 1st place? Thanks
0 Likes
Jenjen2
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much that worked perfectly 

0 Likes
Salehkh
First Poster
Options

Perfect, it is finally working 

0 Likes
Zills
First Poster
Options

Tqvvm...ur solution solve mine too..😘😘

0 Likes
predictivetext1
First Poster
Options
Thank you finally a solution that works.
0 Likes
Claremu
Student
Options

Hi fix didnt work for me .... i changed input language to English (AU) and that worked. 

Samsung please note this glich in update. 

0 Likes
NiroT
First Poster
Options
Taz786, great! I was so frustrated about this for a long time. Your trick worked. Thanks man!
0 Likes