Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Predictive text not showing after latest Android Update Version 10

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 07:35 PM)
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have multiple keyboards set in Samsung keyboard -> Languages and types. 

The probelm I have, after the most recent update taking place (some week ago now) the predictive text is no longer showing up for russian keyboard. Why? 

I have English, UK and Portugese, they both show predictive text above. But not fur russian. This is very frustrating as I relied on this feature a lot when writing emails etc. 

Could you please share any suggestions and flag a fault for this. 

So far I have tried resetting the keyboard settings and restarting the phone. 

This happened after the latest software update. 

Thanks

211 REPLIES 211
hanyue
First Poster
Options

Hi  I have the same problem since the last update. No predictive text for English keyboard. Other languages are fine. I appreciate any help.

D13de
Student
Options

Same! How can this be fixed

AndrewL
Options
@Hapsit12: If you go to Settings > General management > Language and Input > On-screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Languages and Types > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Manage Input Languages > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Check For Update, do you see a prompt to update next to the Russian language option? If so, tap this option to bring it up to date. If not, go back and select Smart Typing > Predictive Text > On > Auto Replace > Make sure that Russian is toggled on here. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Hapsit12
Journeyman
Options

Hi  AndrewL 

Many thanks for coming back with suggestions. 

I tried both, the first suggestion - all languages were already updated. 

Second suggestion Predictive text was already on, except I enabled Auto replace for russian. This unfortunatelly has made no difference. 

It was all working fine, and predictive text works for other languages (english/portugese) multiple suggestions pop up as you type words, but not fur russian. 

This hapened after the very last updates, I know this because after the update was complete I went on to write an email and was met with this feature missing. 

Please flag this with the developers team and I look forward receving further suggestions. 

Best, 

ParanoidKid
Student
Options
I'm also having this issue and have tried all the suggested fixes. Can someone advise as to the resolution please? Starting to think I should just go back to iphone...
D13de
Student
Options

I switched keyboards for now...

Got to your settings to do this...

Either switch to Gboard or Samsung keyboard beta (I think its called)

Hope this helps for now

AndrewL
Options
@Hapsit12: Sorry to hear that your issue has persisted. Can you try going to Settings > General Management > Language and Input > On-screen Keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > About Samsung Keyboard, to see if there is an update prompt for the app as a whole. If not, you could try 'Reset To Default Settings > Reset Keyboard Settings', although please be aware that this will remove any personalised settings, requiring you to set them back up. Let me know how you get on.
AndyB72
Journeyman
Options

I've read the earlier comments. Since this week's update to Android 10, my S9 no longer offers predictive text for the Samsung keyboard in English, French or German. I have checked for updates, to no avail. Not happy. Please ask the developers to find a fix.

AndyB72
Journeyman
Options
Doesn't work for me.