Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note9 Yellowish screen/tint, started happening a few weeks ago

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 05:21 PM)
Phone_User56
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Recently my screen seemed to be a bit more yellowish than it used to be. I also compared it to another phone.

I have Night mode/Blue light filter disabled (in Google Play Books, too).

This is kinda annoying, and I can notice it on my Home screen background, too.

You can see this especially when swiping-down the menu and having settings (or some other app in dark mode) opened.

How to fix this permanently? Is Samsung working on a fix if it was an update issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Phone_User56: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you go to Settings > Software Update, are any updates available that might address this issue? Similarly, if you go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Update, is option toggled on? 

If no updates are available, can you try going to Settings > Display > Screen Mode > White Balance, and moving the slider to the left to see if this helps. Also, if you tap on Advanced Settings and have a play around with the Red Green and Blue sliders, do you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
Phone_User56
First Poster
Options

Settings > Software Update

No updates

>Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Update, is option toggled on? 

Yes

can you try going to Settings > Display > Screen Mode > White Balance, and moving the slider to the left to see if this helps. Also, if you tap on Advanced Settings and have a play around with the Red Green and Blue sliders, do you notice an improvement? 

Didn't help

0 Likes
Phone_User56
First Poster
Options

Is Samsung even working on this or do they want us to buy new phones? Can I get a response at least from an official moderator or admin?

That yellowish tint is a well-known issue and Samsung acts like they don't know anything about it. I wouldn't say if I had a 10-year-old phone, but not a 2 year old one.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

You may have got a corrupted download but easily fixed by backing the phone up to your Samsung account or do a backup to your computer using Samsung Smart Switch, then do a factory reset

Hope this helps

0 Likes