Support

Open search

Moisture detected note 9

Highlighted
SOLVED
Explorer

Lately I've been getting moisture warning from charging my phone although I haven't been anywhere near water or rain. Only way I could charge my phone was in safe mode anyone else getting this problem I have read note 8 suffered from this problem maybe it needs further investigation.

77 REPLIES 77
Highlighted

Don't want to say definitly, I previously cleaned the USB port the same way to no avail. It seams works since I cleaned both.  Time will tell. 

Highlighted

Heck Ill give it a try. I just know the two companies I called that repair phones both said if I tried all the suggestions here and the problem persists that it is a hardware issue and the charging port needs replaced. So I assumed the moisture sensor was part of the charging port assembly. 

Highlighted

It's not always the user who put moisture near their phone. Samsung sent out an update, and suddenly my phone would not charge. They told me to take it to uBreakiFix, they replaced my charging port with a brand new one, broke my phone in a completely different way. Messed up  the network  so my phone was completely unusable . I sent it to Samsung , they keep it for 2 weeks. Finally get it back and then 3 Days Later another update goes through and crashes my charging port again. I called them and demand an exchange then they keep my phone for well over a month, after saying several times that the ticket should be closed out within 11 business days. Start the ticket over. They sent it back to me today, over a month later, with no SIM card, no charger , and the phone still has the same issue. Will not charge while the phone is off either. I can't afford for Samsung to keep my phone for another month again. Does Samsung intend to fix this issue on their update? 

Highlighted

Many thanks, worked for me too.

Phone is never near water and believe like previous comment the car USB charging is the cause, if phone is still charging when car shut off.

Highlighted
Sorry newbie to forum. To clarify. Fix from Note9Australia worked for me. Connect phone to charger, say OK to warning and then restart the phone while still connected.
Highlighted

This worked for me as well, rebooting with the charger connected, even while the alarm is running. After reboot the alarm was gone.

Highlighted
Worked for me too, thanks! But now the charger port isn't working, I will just keep using the wireless charger :smiling-face:
Highlighted

Whatever the update I got on June 14 fixed mine. I had the one UI 2.0 already, there was just some security & bug fix update. Right after that update the notification was gone and I can charge with my cable once again. I had the error message for months, tried everything you can find here to try to fix it and even had my phone diagnosed as needed a new charge port (that I didn't follow through with). I feel bad for those that went through with the port replacement and some paid money of of their pocket. I always charged wirelessly so It wasn't a huge bother, just bugged me that I couldn't connect my phone to my computer through the cable. Either way, it's magically fixed! 

Top Liked Authors