Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Gesture controls on Note 9

(Topic created on: 08-12-2019 10:19 PM)
ericg89
Student
Options

I typically use Nova launcher with my Note 9 and have always had gesture navigation active since becoming an available option. The last time my phone updated was to Android 9 on the 8th of November and I haven't had any issues using gesture navigation until yesterday. I briefly turned off my phone and when it turned back on the navigation system had been replaced with the older navigation bar style. I tried changing it back however all options to revert to gesture controls have been removed from my phone. Even in my drop down settings menu the navigation bar option is disabled. I spoke with several Samsung agents who walked me through 1. uninstalling third party launchers.

2. wiping my partition cache

3. Booting my phone in safe mode.

...none of which have had any effect on the missing gestures. Again note that since updating my phone I have turned my phone off/on several times, I haven't installed any new apps recently,  and my phone has the most recent update installed . Since this all started I've reverted to using the stock launcher. 

Screenshot_20191125-193425_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191125-194242_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191125-193501_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Angered
First Poster
Options

I just had this same thing happen. I hadn't restarted my phone for a week or more. Restarted it this morning, and now my freaking gesture nav is gone and the option is wiped from existence.  Who does this? Why?!?!  Please someone fix this!

ericg89
Student
Options

Yeah so far I havent been able to find a solution and samsung reps basically trying to pass it off to me as just the reality of the latest update which I know is BS because I have friends who have the same phone that still have gesture navigation.

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

You had me worried.  I checked.  I'm running CSJ1 also.  I hadn't noticed any changes from the guestures.  Your screen print shows the exact as mine Except for the missing guestures row.  I don't think that the update had anything directly to do with it.  Keep looking and let us know what you figured out.  

0 Likes