Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to add recent call to contacts?

(Topic created on: 28-11-2019 07:02 AM)
seryosongoso
Journeyman
Options

Simple task really. How do I add a phone number from a recent call directly to a contact? When I select it, the only option is delete. I'm  using a Note 9 with One UI.

25 REPLIES 25
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In your recents screen tap on the phone number and this will pop up so you can add the number to your contacts @seryosongoso 

Screenshot_20191128-070134_Phone.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

seryosongoso
Journeyman
Options
Thanks! It wasn't obvious to me that I can actually tap the number. So I always just long press it.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @seryosongoso 

Glad I could help.  :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Members_X8SJ6MZ
Student
Options

This is weird as I have this problem and the solution above does not work?

I am running at Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N986B/DS._ Samsung One Ui 2.5 / Android 10 (UK).

a long press, quick tap or double tape doesnt give the options of 'create contact', 'message' or 'call' as shown above ?

It also doesnt seem to work if you tap on the icon, the number or the 'lozenge' - very annoying when my old phone used to do this.

any ideas?

Members_X8SJ6MZ
Student
Options

fiddles with setting, now appears to work - very odd.

0 Likes
AparajitJoshi
First Poster
Options

Can you please share what setting have you applied? I am also facing same issue on note 20.

Thanks in advance.

Zaphekiah
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem on my Galaxy A70. If you tap a recent number you nearly always just get the Delete option and it selects or unselects the item. Just occasionally (perhaps one time in fifty) it shows the Add to Contacts panel, but there is no consistency. I have tried long taps, short taps, double taps, and tapping it in every part of the display (icon, number, time of call etc.). It is totally madenning. I would love to know if there is a way to fix this. I keep hoping it will be fixed with every software update that comes out but so far no luck.

Mangodjango
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and it is driving my crazy. The extremely basic "add to contact" option does not show up, even after trying all kinds reset and tapping here and there procedures. I just switched to samsung from iphone and it seems like I made a big mistake. I will probably never buy a samsung product again if this basic phone function is not resolved.  

Rob190
Apprentice
Options

There's definitely a bug in the phone app. I just tried to add a received call to contacts and had the same problem. Absolutely nothing worked. So I exited the app and went back in to it and it's fine.