Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 9 screen display becomes greenish and blurred after updating the latest OS version.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 03:20 AM)
johncabz88
First Poster
Options

Anyone knows how to fix ? Or facing same issue? .let me know your comment below. 

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @johncabz88 

That's not good.

If all your display settings look right then my own process of elimination are.....

First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre's when they re open after the COVID-19 pandemic ends.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Scorpio_Nadhvi
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Note 9 Display Problems
Please Join only if you are facing the Display discoloration or Overheating or horizontal lines on display when the brightness is set to low. All these issues are started recently after software update, not by any accidental or physical damage to display.

https://t.me/samsungDisplayProblem
Pinguino03
First Poster
Options

did you find a solution. I have the same problem.

arivadivelan
Student
Options

I was gifted the Galaxy Note 9 phone by my brother-in-law who bought it from Qatar in June 2019.
From date of purchase till now I had been using a SUPCASE case with complete protection for this mobile.
The phone was not even dropped at all. But suddenly from last 10 days(30July,2020) I am facing the screen blur issue.
When the "Adaptive Brightness"is ON, the display becomes grainy and almost invisible. Also the touch function also does not work properly.
There are also grey lines appearing when the brightness is being reduced.
I tried doing the "FACTORY RESET" twice but no improvement.
I even visited the service center in Chennai, but even without looking at display they are suggesting for display replacement. 

Currently I am managing by switching to Dark mode and at full brightness. Adaptive Brightness is switched off

This drains the battery faster and heats up the phone as well.

I am very upset with the quality of phones Samsung is delivering to its customers.
And that too, to the owners of premium phones which cost very high.

My wife had been using Iphone 8 plus for nearly 3 years now and it still performing like new. So clearly apple is delivering the best quality and reliability to its customers.
With this condition Samsung phones cannot stand a competition to Apple. Even 1+ is doing better now a days.

I am reviewing how the consumers should be protected for issues such as these.
Can we take this legally with Samsung for bad quality of their phones and displays being delivered?
I understand that my phone is out of warranty now, but still faulty display within this short time will be very disappointing to the customers.
And from the blogs we could clearly see that already many consumers are affected with this issue and many more could be joining.

Will there be any technical support from Samsung team for resolving the issue and protecting the interests of their customers?

txjag05
First Poster
Options

having the same issue. the screen slightly overheated and then image becomes blurred lines and when swiped it looks likes and old tv changing stations, and very very dim. i lock the phone and let it cool off and comes back to normal. very unresponsive when the image starts to fade. 

desi904
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem.  Just wondering did you wire your phone with Clorox wipe during this Covid?

0 Likes
Note 9
First Poster
Options

I started getting the same issue on my Note 9 which is 2 years old. I wait and switch on after some time the screen is clear. Definitely a bug and something I see has been going on for a few years now with  no response from Samsung. Was a loyal Samsung user for the past 15 years and will definitely go for something else if Samsung is unresponsive.

aloevera
Apprentice
Options

Since this is an official Samsung community, can't the moderators or someone give us a solution? turning adaptive brightness off and keeping brightness low and provided a temporary fix. But @samsung needs to give us an update that fixes this issue asap. how can we apply pressure for them to do so? social media? 

0 Likes
Mj2707
Student
Options

My phone is having same issues. It gets blurry randomly when the brightness goes down with grainy parallel lines. I showed it to the service center and they asked for screen replacement  which will cost 17K. This is too much harassment. Why should we buy expensive Samsung phones if such situations keep arriving again and again. 

0 Likes