Support

Open search

Email loads sluggish or doesn't on Samsung Email App

Highlighted
First Poster

Hopefully they will have a fix. 

Highlighted
First Poster

Hello. I am using a Note 8 and experiencing the same issue. Auto Fit can be toggled on or off to temporarily resolve the problem but it returns and I find myself going back to settings often. A real pain. Also this happens with any of my 3 email accounts. All 3 are on different servers. This did not happen on an S8 I had a few months ago. Strange!

Highlighted
First Poster

Well here is a fix I found right here in this community . I just tried it and it works!!!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/Samsung-email-app-issues/td-p/419843

Work Around from Samsung: Samsung email app issues

I received an email yesterday from the Samsung Email app developers.  It is the most recent version of Google Chrome that is causing the issue.  I didn't believe it until I followed the steps prescribed and my email was working! 

Here is what you need to do:

Developer response:

Sorry for the inconvenience

You have an issue if you use Chrome v70 (updated), please use v.6x
we are preparing to make improvements for v70

Please refer below steps:

Step 1
google playstore
search google chrome
click three dots in upper right-hand corner 
uncheck enable auto upgrade

Step 2
Settings
Apps
Chrome
“uninstall updates” in more option

We will release it asap

Highlighted
First Poster

Thanks for fix.

It works.

Highlighted
First Poster

@Simmo3 wrote:

Thanks for fix.

It works.

Reviving an old thread, just a quick THANK YOU!!! 

I have been having this problem for several weeks on my Note9 and was getting super frustrated!  Just applied instructions above and fix complete.

Highlighted
First Poster

No worries.

Highlighted
First Poster

@epajet wrote:

No worries.

Actually still slow and sluggish...  Question... Am I having the slow response because I am syncing "all" mail vs. just a month or 3 months? Also unchecked the autofit to screen didn't make a difference.

Mobile device: note9

Exchange server using Shereen

Thanks in advance, Tony

Also if there is a preferred mail client what is everyone using?

Highlighted
First Poster

This fix only applied to the stock Samsung email app and the sluggish behaviour has probably been addressed with multiple updates to the app since this issue surfaced.

I now use AquaMail Pro and sync all my mail. It is faster and highly customizable.

Good luck.

Highlighted
First Poster
Thank you kindly!

Closed all apps and now seems to working again smoothly.
Top Liked Authors