Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Health on new phone only 91%

(Topic created on: 25-05-2020 02:47 PM)
Mueslis
Apprentice
Options

Good day,

I bought a new Samsung Note 9 and it is supposed to have 4000mah battery. Using the app accubattery it consistently shows me a battery health of 91-91% since the beginning! Is this normal? I cannot get it over that value.  Because I paid for a new phone but appartently I got an old battery? May I return this phone now? I have been charging always 20%-80% and have it recorded, so I treated the battery according to all scientific standard practices.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

No app can establish real phone capacity.

It is an estimation and accuracy is not high. You can still request a verification in a samsung center but if i were you i would just ingore accubattery estimated percentage if battery life is good.

Mueslis
Apprentice
Options

Sure it might not be high but other users report that they have 95 or even 97%. Can you explain that to me?

And how does Samsung do the measurement then? Because I need a measurement which is objective and non biased.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

They still cannot get a perfect measurement.

Batteries also degrade from being at ambient temp and degrade less but still degrade at 0 C.

That is the explanation. If you go for a replacement you may get a more degraded battery

0 Likes
Mueslis
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for you answer.

I am actually very interested in technology so I know that they degrade and how to treat them. Where I live it doesnt reach 0 degrees and we are just now starting the summer so I don't think 5 months of moderate battery usage (I dont do games) would hurt it so much.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yep. I meant that if the phone has been conserved at ambient temp for the 1 or 2 years before you bought it a lower than new battery capacity is to be expected.

Hopefully the end of the development of graphene will change all of this!

dalewatts666
Apprentice
Options

I also bought my Samsung a33 5g from new and it shows 91% with the same app accabattery , 

0 Likes