Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else HATE their Note9?! Maybe it's just Samsung.

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 10:12 PM)
AreYouSerious
Journeyman
Options

The amount of features and aoptions Samsung has taken away from this thing has me wanting to throw this POS at the cement as hard as I possibility can. It's bad when I'd rather use my busted up S8 than the NOTE9 I got to replace it. The new messaging application without the personalzation options for the background in an effort to push your stupid themes.. WEAK. Removing all the shooting modes from the camera ESPECIALLY the 360 shooting mode!! What was the purpose?? If I'm spending this type of money on a device I want to have control over it. So fed up. Get you act together Samsung!!! And Bixby is a joke she doesn't deserve her own button especially if I can't change what that button does on MY OWN DEVICE!!!

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some people do not like Samsung One Ui  / Pie for one reason or another @AreYouSerious  which I fully understand.

Have you tried an alternative messaging app such as Textra.

I also do not use Bixby.

The Bixby key can now be remapped in the phones settings. i.e. no outside apps etc are now needed.

For example mine will launch my Samsung Internet App. 

Settings > Advanced Features > Use Single Press.

Screenshot_20190508-054238_Bixby Voice.jpg

I can understand your unimpressed with the shooting modes _ many are.

I would suggest to send feedback via the Samsung Members  / Samsung + App.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AreYouSerious
Journeyman
Options

I appreciate your help! I do use a third party messaging application now.. i think it is googles message app... also switched to the G-Board Keyboard by google. wish it synced the messages bettrer with my Samsung watch like the factory application did... 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @AreYouSerious 

Personally I use the Beta Samsung Keyboard.

Maybe give that a try !

Take care.    :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dave39
Apprentice
Options

Smasung removed a ton of camara modes when they announced the S9

0 Likes
BigBrad
Pathfinder
Options

@Dave39 wrote:

Smasung removed a ton of camara modes when they announced the S9

They removed a ton of Camera modes, both Video and still photos, they removed the customization of the text message background, and they removed the ability to assign custom text message tones to contacts and NOT the message thread (which does NOT work for group messages)

Don't get me wrong.  I love my Note 9.  I love One UI and some of the features.  But I HATE that they have taken away features for no known reason and they refuse to acknowledge it, or explain the reasoning for their removal.  

And no, another texting program will NOT work since the change Samsung did was to the contacts app which now trickles down to EVERY other texting program.  

So.. to the Samsung Moderators, I ask one question.... 

Why?

0 Likes