Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since last update my phone's battery is draining

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 11:02 AM)
AdriennL
Apprentice
Options
I'm absolutely fuming,  I had a perfect phone that had no issues whatsoever and then from the night of the last phone update the battery is not the same! I usually put the phone on the charger once a day  in the evening,  take it off the charger when it reaches 100% and when I wake up it's still around 90% and that usually gets me through the day.  Since the update minimum 30% of the battery is used overnight,  I wake up to have 60-70% battery life left and have to charge 2-3 times a day! Absolutely ridiculous! And it literally changed overnight when the update has gone through.  I googled the issue and I found many people have the same issue. I tried customer service but they said an update cannot be rolled back... Not sure really who to contact to report this,  but I'm sure it's a serious issue pushing people buy new phones with rolling out updates to drain phone batteries... Very disappointed. 
11 REPLIES 11
trium
First Poster
Options
Unfortunately I have the same issue. Last night battery drained from 100% to 0% in 8 hours with no usage at all...Screenshot_20210605-082829_Device care.jpg
marijus
Apprentice
Options
Which phones?
0 Likes
AdriennL
Apprentice
Options
Note 9
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi have you cleared the cache partition?
If that doesn't work try a factory reset as the last result I know it's time consuming but hopefully that should fix your battery drain.
AdriennL
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I cleared the cashe, it didn't make any difference, it's the Google play services that seems to constantly run in the background. Factory reset was my next move, I just need to backup my data and find the time to do it. It's so annoying!
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Like you guys my previously flawless Note 9 has been battered by the latest software update and it will drop from 50%full to 0% literally overnight and all this in standby mode. The best is yet to come however. When I try and recharge the phone it will tell me there is moisture in the port and refuse to charge. I can put it outside in the sun or use a hairdryer on it and the same moisture warning will constantly pop up thwarting any attempt to cable charge the thing!. Luckily I have a wireless charger otherwise my phone would be dead to me. I have to ensure the phone never falls below 60% now when I use it to avoid the dreaded battery dive.
My Note 9 is a second phone to me as I have now have an S21 Ultra but for you guys who have a Note 9 as your main phone you have every right to be furious about the way the last software update has crippled your phones. I hope it gets fixed for us all sooner rather than later. I have not done a factory reset on my Note 9 yet I must say but I may have to shortly should this problem persist. I have cleared the cache partition and rebooted the thing but no joy alas. 👍
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi try this, I totally forgot to mention this.

https://youtu.be/glbrO7nbkC4
0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
There is an app called galaxy labs, which I highly recommend, for sorting all battery problems, and it also optimises all of your apps , it's definitely worth trying out cheers 🍻 let me know how you get on
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Google Play Services is a battery hog. I am getting better stats using the Beta version.

0 Likes