Original topic:

SD card read/write error

(Topic created on: 29/08/18 23:16)
SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Anyone getting this?

Happening quite often now but no issues with card on any other device..Screenshot_20180825-195038_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Removing the android, and device ID folders from the SD card then rebooting fixed the issue.

View solution in context

33 REPLIES 33
Bull2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Hello I am getting the above error using a scan disc 128 gb .  Should I get a new card?  I have a Pony Elite-X micro sdxc card.  Would that work?  Thanks for any help/recommendations.  

0 Likes
Rafalle
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

My A50 worked with a Huawei micro SD Card, 512 GB !!!

No error in the last 3 months.

0 Likes
Commander57
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

For some reason the Note 9 is very picky.  I still have not found one that works.  I just purchased an expensive 512 hoping it will work.  I will post the results.  many people belive it is a Samsung Note 9 software issue which they refuse to correct.  Who knows.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Deleted post

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

@SithLord wrote:

Someone want to look at where this keeps going?

Hi @SithLord. For some reason the original post ended up in the Spam area. I can see you reposted it above though, so I've deleted the original one this morning.

SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Thanks @AntS

BillS-NC
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I did what you suggested and immediately upon reboot, the Android file came back with today's date and time.  Will wait to see if the error keeps coming back.

0 Likes
Marietta16
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I've been having the same problem ever since the update few weeks ago. Sent a message but to date no response from Samsung.. My Sd card works fine in another phone so the issue must be within the software update. Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Bades1978
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Just to whom are posting in this thread to try to help solve this can you put some details such as phone / card maker and size / if you have formated the card (quick or full format) :smiling-face:

SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Mine is note9 128gb 

Card that corrupted was a sandisk ultra 128gb 

Card was not formatted before putting into note9,  was used previously with S9+, full power off before switching card over. 

New card is Samsung Evo select 256gb with full format, followed by format inside phone - NO ISSUES YET.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Just an update on this.

With the new card I've had no messages at all and the old card has been working fine again in another device after passing a full H2TestW scan.

The only thing I can assume is that the note 9 CORRECTLY reported corruptions in the card that occurred whilst it was inside S9+.

Whilst its annoyed me that I've lost a few videos, I'm more thankful that the image backups were all perfect and managed to recover all my images.

ndazcom
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I know you already found your solution, but for others that come looking, wiping the device cache fixed it for me.

Power off.

Hold Bixby & Volume up, then power.

Release when the android/samsung screen comes up

Choose "wipe device cache"

Choose "yes"

Choose "reboot your device"

RayRaven
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Hi,
I had problems with read/write issues starting from the two updates around February time.
Nothing appeared to have changed, apart from there now being multiple notifications that I’d not got write access to my SD card. There was still stuff in the SD card, but I couldn’t format it, nor add items to it.
Checking it in my PC, it showed that nothing was wrong with it, but after two minutes back in the phone, back came the notifications that it needed write permissions.
WeFix were sent out by Samsung, who still couldn’t find anything wrong with the phone, and about half an hour after they left, back came the notifications.
The solution?
Backed up the files from the old SD card to my PC, phoned my carrier up to say that it was a problem with the SD card and as Samsung have a one year warranty on SD cards, could I have a new one please? – popped it into the phone and it’s worked fine ever since.
I reckon therefore that it’s a problem with any Android updates that get pushed out and mess up the workings of your phone.

0 Likes