Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Old Backup

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 09:35 AM)
Karti
First Poster
Options

So my phone was playing up, so i backed up all my data to samsung cloud, factory reset the phone, set it up, didnt automatically restore data as i was at university and busy, idk how, but my backup from before resetting the phone wasnt there, it was a newer more recent backup, FROM AFTER THE FACTORY RESET, so i lost all my data except contact, is there anyway to retrieve an old backup?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Karti: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. If you go to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Samsung Cloud > Restore Data, is there a drop down arrow below where is says 'Choose a device you want to restore'? If so look for an alternate Galaxy Note 9 backup, tap it and select 'Restore' at the bottom of the page. To prevent future issues please go back to the Samsung Cloud home screen > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Sync and Auto Backup Settings > Auto Backup > Deselect any active backup options in here. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
scorehouse
Student
Options

Hello. Unfortunately that didn't help me. i can't find other than the latest backup done only a little after the last reset done. i lost all of the the phone log and some of my contacts. Help me Please! (samsung J1 Ace)

0 Likes
saqi27
First Poster
Options

I went through the same problem.
Somehow updating the app after resetting my phone RETURNED all those notes!

I had saved some very crucial information on my notes and i backed it all up before resetting.
also made sure that cloud pre-backup list included my notes as well.
However when I turned on my phone I was shocked to find the backup to be an older one (Like 7 days old backup, rather than the most recent one I made the very same eve).

It took me a whole day reading forums and checking my other accounts in case I found an email or something that would be a proof for me to contact samsung help desk and ask them to maybe find my old backup on their server somewhere lol.

I didnt know updating would solve my entire problem...so yeah..you should try that if you haven't already.

0 Likes