Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Random camera issue/ glitch. Note 9 N9600

(Topic created on: 21-06-2019 09:23 PM)
Cell306
Student
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

First I'd like to say i love my note 9.  But i'm having a very anoying glitch that happens randomly with the camera.

Basicly, sometimes when i open the camera ( i always use the double press power button shortcut ) the camera shows green pixels glitching ( please find pictures attached ) . As i said. This is very random it might happen two times in a row and then camera works perfectly fine for the next 50 times. 

I have tested the following:

cleared camera data  and cache - did not help.

Full system reset                             - did not help.

After lots of testing this is what I found out:

*This glitch was present on Oreo too, was hopefull it would be fixed with pie update.

*When the glitch happens it only effects the main camera, as when using the 2x camera the glitching stops and when i go back to non zoomed the glitching comes back.

*When i use the camera and it works normal, it works as it should and never glitches out.  So it either works good, or glitches out from the start.

*I installed another camera app, and same problem here. Most of the time it works as it should but if it glitches out as soon as you open the app, you will need to close and re open the app so it comes back to normal ( just like when using the stock camera app) 

I'm realy worried, am i the only one experiencing this ?

is this a software bug or hardware ?

:Screenshot_20190310-003927_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20190310-230149_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20190308-160818_Camera.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I've used the double press in the past to quick access my camera @Cell306  and not had this issue personally on my phone.

I prefer nowadays to access the camera via the edge panel.........

or use Goodlock and add an extra toggle in the phones navigation bar which I find an easier way to access the camera function.

If you use another option to launch the camera is the intermittent problem still there ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
Cell306
Student
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

Also tried in safe mode, and after about 60 tries it glitched againAlso in safe modeAlso in safe mode

0 Likes
Cell306
Student
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

UPDATE :

Been testing the camera apps all day long and never glitched once. The only difference was i opened them from the home screen.

Only experiencing the glitching when screen is off and using the camera "double press power button" shortcut to wake up the phone directly in the camera app. 

So I'm pretty confident to say that the glitch only shows itself (randomly and occasionally) when using the camera shortcut power button whilst screen is off. 

0 Likes
Alex619858
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I have the similar problem on my phone. It's hard to describe how it happens but you prettyy much described it above via the double click of the power button. Sometimes it happens when the camera apps is running and I turn the screen off via the power button. Then once I attempt to turn the screen on via intelligent scan or touch I'd, it would open up in camera mode as it should, since the last known screen was on the camera prior to screen shut off. I would see the green pixels. However it is happening randomly. I don't know what to do but it's irritating. None of the these problems occurred on any of my other Samsung device. It did not occur on the note 8. However it does occur on my note 9 sheer silver 512gb 8gb ram version as well as my old note 9 128gb 6gb ram blue /gold. I am wondering if it is a batch issue with hardware. I did get my blue note 9 the day it came out and then I retuend it due to problems. Then following, I got the 512gb sheer silver 8gb ram version two months ago. I doubt these two phones are in the same batch of shipment and or development. 

0 Likes
Cell306
Student
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I truly believe its a software bug. I dont use the double press power button camera shortcut anymore, and never experienced the glitch again. I had to learn to live with it. Very disappointed in samsung.

0 Likes
Solarblue
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

My Note9 does the same thing randomly.  It has happened for a long time.  When it happens I have had the camera application running and press the power button to shut off the display.  Then I use my fingerprint to turn the display back on and whow - screen filled with green.  I close the camera application down and restart it and the problem is gone.  I experienced the same thing with previous Notes.  I think it is a software bug.Screenshot_20190816-135120_Camera.jpg

0 Likes