Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Auto Rotate" button removed after recent Pie update

(Topic created on: 25-06-2019 09:17 AM)
ThatGuySteve
Apprentice
Options

The "auto-rotate" or "portrait" screen feature has disappeared from the pull down menu after my most recent software update. This feature was very useful, and I have no idea why it would be removed... Screenshot_20190625-031340_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190625-031329_Chrome.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ThatGuySteve 

I'm on the latest update in the UK on my Note 9 and mine is still there.

Auto-rotate-option-missing.

Have you tapped on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner? Do that and then tap "button order" and see if what you are looking for is showing there as part of the "drag to add buttons".

Screenshot_20190626-054121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also shows as Portrait when toggled Off.

Screenshot_20190626-054619_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you turn your phone Off and On to soft reboot the phone is it still not there ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ThatGuySteve
Apprentice
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers

Thanks for the reply. I do have the same options available as captured in your screen shots... If I try and search for "portrait" or "auto rotate" in my settings, nothing comes up. The option seems to have been completely removed from my phone after the recent update. Screenshot_20190626-101809_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190626-101813_Chrome.jpg

AntS
Options

Hmmm. Sounds the same as in the other, more general Auto-rotate thread we've all posted in. I found the same options as BandOfBrothers for a UK unlocked S10+.

@ThatGuySteve, Which country are you based in? And is your Note9 unlocked, or locked to particular network/carrier?

ThatGuySteve
Apprentice
Options

Hey @AntS

US - tmobile

NOT unlocked

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm left wondering then if it's a carrier branded Samsung Phone then your network has somehow managed to restrict or remove the auto rotate although in all honesty I can't see why as such a feature shouldn't clash with their network etc.

Do you have a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store you can visit to let them have hands on ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

@ThatGuySteve, Interesting. :thinking-face: RichR here is also based in the US and has an S8+ on Pie locked to T-Mobile.

Only the two of you reporting this with US devices on T-Mobile so far on here though - so not exactly a definitive answer. But intriguing nonetheless. I found this on T-Mobile US's site: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/150691#680583, but unsure how helpful it'll be for you.

It's a weird one. I agree with BandOfBrothers in that, in theory, the feature shouldn't clash with anything network-specific. Have you reached out to our mates at Samsung Support over in the US?

0 Likes
WyldeRicochet88
First Poster
Options

I'm on the galaxy note 9 locked to ATT, and I've lost my auto rotate since that last update as well

Dennisdd2
First Poster
Options

Stupidest thing to change something that said auto rotate to portrait!! Nobody was looking for a ***** picture, they were looking for auto rotation!!!! Who the heck thought  this was a good idea, needs to be fired!!

Helpme2020
First Poster
Options

Mine is gone too. Verizon Note 9.

0 Likes