Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR-code are not recognized by certain apps

(Topic created on: 15-05-2022 03:06 PM)
Antoine249
Journeyman
Options

Hello all, I have a problem with scanning QR codes by several apps (ING Banking and DigiD). Once I need to scan a QR code from a laptop screen, the camera is opened by the app, I see the QR code on the screen, but nothing happens. If I scan the same QR code using the QR code scanner (which is build in Android), I get the link which is in the code and can press on this link, but after doing so I get the message: no app is present to use this code. 

It looks like there is no connection/relation of these apps to the QR code. I am using a Note9 (SM-N960F) with Android 10. The apps have access to the camera, so there is no restriction here. This all used the work on my phone without problems (also using the same laptop to scan from). Any ideas anybody?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
DannyT
Options

Another way to scan QR codes is by using the Samsung Internet app. Click on the Samsung Internet app > Tap on the three lines at the bottom right > Click on QR code scanner.

If you can't see the option, head to Menu (lines bottom right) > Settings > Layout and menus > Customise menus > Press and hold the QR scanner to drag it to the menu. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Pickle_man
Journeyman
Options

Yo I have the same exact problem. I have done so much to try and fix it, I have spent days trying to figure this stupid problem out. Please tell me you have found some sort of a solution. 

0 Likes
Pickle_man
Journeyman
Options

Its with the same apps as well that I am having trouble with. Please respond it seems like your one of the few people who know what problem im talking about. 

0 Likes